Eighteen

"If there are no endings, there are no beginnings and you see no new lands, so for everything that's lost, there is usually something gained."

Merle Shain

The eight of them stood around Loki as he sat on the floor, propped up against the stairs

The eight of them stood around Loki as he sat on the floor, propped up against the stairs. Slint has his bow aimed straight as Lokis and the rest of them stand around watching him with disdain. Even Saklauss, who seemed to have endless optimise in Loki, looked like she could have killed him then and there.

"If it's all the same to you, I'llhave that drink now," Loki stated.

"All right. Get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later." Tony ordered as he turned. "By the way. Feel free to clean up."

"Who gets the, uh, magic wand?" Natasha questioned as she held up the sceptre.

"S.T.R.I.K.E Team is coming to collect it," Steve told them as he walked toward the elevator.

"We can take that off your hands," Stitwell told Natasha as he approached.

"By all means," Natasha told him. Glad to pass it on. "Careful with that thing."

"Yeah, unless you want your mind erased," Clint warned them as he poured himself and Natasha a drink. "And not in a fun way"

"We promise to be careful," Rumlow told them as they packed the Tesseract away.

"We are on our way down to coordinate search and rescue," Steve told them as he walked past. Athena at his side.

"On my way down to coordinate search and rescue." Loki mimicked as he turned into Steve. "I mean, honestly, how do you keep your food down?" Loki questioned. But everyone ignored him.

The only response he got was Thor murmuring, "Shut up." As he stuck a muzzle on Loki.

Then with they, they all went in their own directions.

Athena where just wanted to have a moment of peace together before they set about coordinating search and rescue