Letter

Dear Steve Rogers, AKA Caprin America

How is the star-spangled man with a plan?

Our last mission was a good bit of fun (am I allowed to enjoy it?). I think it was my favourite so far. I got to go to a party at the Louvre to spy on some of the guests. They were suspected to be connected with HYDRA. I get that it is war, but I enjoy getting to dress up in pretty dresses and pretend that the war is over and celebrate with champaign. It is the most marvellous way to be able to help with the war effort. I managed to dig up lots of information about where a few bases were, and a bunch of people we didn't realise were connected with HYDRA. It's incredible what people will tell a woman if they think she is empty-headed and tipsy. I think it helps that most of them don't think I can speak German. I slink up and listen in as they talk to people in german, oblivious that I can understand every word of what they are saying.

Heavens above, reading that back, I sound horrid. I sound like I'm ignoring the noble sacrifice that all the boys are making on the front line. I'm not. I could never forget, as Artemis is out there. I get letters from her as well. I enjoy getting to be helpful. By day I get to do experiments with Howard, we get to think about some new and exciting problems and then by night, I get to go and spy with Peggy. I feel like I can help and make a difference. I get to go out and get information that could save a life.

Peggy, Howard and I finally got a weekend break after four months of hunting HYDRA! After my mission, we were in Paris, so we got to go around exploring! Thankfully, Peggy speaks perfect French.

My German accent is starting to go these days. I never hear it. I'm surrounded by Peggy with her stunning British accent and Howard. It means that I never listen to it. Admittedly, part of me is sad that I'm losing it, my past. But part of me is glad I don't get as many dirty looks for being German (is that awful?)

How was Chicago? I'm reasonably sure that is the last place you were at. Though by the time you get this, you will probably be about four shows down the line! Should I worry at any point that my letters will be seen as fan mail and you won't see them? On the other hand, you have responded to all my letters so far, which is a good sign.

I often hear how well you are doing. You have become the poster boy of the American army! I saw that they were selling a comic on you, so I bought one. I must say you really are rather dashing in your comic series. I wonder what they would think if I told them what you are like (I promise I wouldn't do that to your reputation.) In all honesty, the comic book was excellent. It was inspiring. If I were a man who hadn't already joined the army, I would. All because of you, I bet that feels good!

You are doing so much good. And I'm not trying to ignore the fact that this is not how you wanted to help with the war effort. I'm just trying to remind you that you're helping. I'm sure at some point you will have an opportunity to assist in the way that you want to.

And Steve remember. Do want you to want to do. If you don't want to do the tour, stop doing it. The senator might tell you that this is what you have to do, but it isn't. As the daughter and helper of the man who made it, I tell you to do what makes you happy,

Sincerest regards

Athena Isolde Erskine, AKA your biggest fan