Nine - The Dinner Party From Hell

Melina, Jenna, and Elijah were walking on a trail around the town while giving Elijah a tour.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence," Jenna says and points towards where she was speaking.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the founding families," Elijah says.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asks.

"Yeah," Melina mocks, "why?"

Elijah smirks, "My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier."

Melina snorts, "No, really?"

Elijah sends a quick amused glance to Melina while Jenna looks at Elijah in intrigue, actually interested in this.

Elijah continues, "It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem to be precise."

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna questions.

"Which means the ever lauded founding families... they didn't actually find anything."

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860." Jenna says. "Men are very territorial."

"And very horrible," Melina comments and turns to Elijah, "No offense."

"Yes, they are." Elijah sighs and the three look to the side to see Alaric coming. Jenna looks in confusion while Elijah looks knowingly and Melina looks in annoyance.

Jenna turns to Elijah, "Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric." She introduces me.

"Ow," Melina winces and then mumbles, "he got reduced to being a friend." Alaric looks at her, irritated.

"Yeah, I got your message of walking Elijah here, through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along," he shrugs. "You know, being a history buff and all."

"No, you're jealous. It's not hard to admit." Melina pouts at him mockingly, causing him to squint at her, never really liking the girl and vice versa.

"Where to next?" Alaric opens his arms.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed property owners." Elijah answers. "Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history."

"Well, I only brought the surveys," Jenna gestures. "I got that list in the car, just give me a second," Jenna walks away.

"Alaric Saltzman," Elijah says, causing Ric to look at him, away from Jenna. "So, you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect."

"So is Jenna."

"You don't have to be jealous," Elijah says, amused. "I don't really pursue younger women," he turns his head to the side, glancing at Melina who wasn't looking at them but rather at the trees and forests surrounding them.