Eighteen - It's a Date?

Eighteen – It's a Date?

Melina wakes up from her slumber, taking one of her hands and dragging it over her face as she tries to wake up from her oddly peaceful sleep. It was one of the first without nightmares without her sleeping near Mira. She feels an arm around her waist and hears simple, silent snores from behind her. She quickly realizes it was Elijah and her eyes widens as she slightly grimaces.

As she tries to escape the hold, he pulls her back into him with a groan and she feels a little something against herself. Her eyes widen more than it possibly should and she quietly turns to see his eyes squint open.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," she smirks.

"You woke up around two minutes before me." Elijah looks at her with a slight squint.

"Alright, Aurora," she sing-songs and stands up, removing herself from his hold as she makes her way to the bathroom.

After she shuts the door, Elijah chuckles and mumbles, "This girl," with a grin.

*****

They meet the rest in the hotel's small lobby, seeing Stefan and Klaus surrounded with hiking gear.

"No," Melina realizes.

"Melina–" Klaus starts.

"No."

"Melina–"

"No."

"Oh my god," he mutters. "You don't have a choice," he enunciates.

"Why not?"

"I can't deal with you right now." He then mutters, "my brother has horrible taste in women."

"Mutt!" Melina yells, offended.

"You two are certainly characters," Damon peers upon them strangely.

"Oh, shut up," Melina glares at him.

"Anyway, everyone barring Melina," Klaus glares at her to which she replies with a sickly sweet smile, "is gonna go hiking."

"I would rather not, brother," Elijah also states.

"Fine, for everyone else–"

"Wait, so when he declines it's okay? Unfair," she mumbles.

"I will kill you."

"Come on, Klausy, you know I love you." She grins up at him.

He sighs, "Elijah, please take your girlfriend somewhere away from me."

Melina scowls at him, "Elijah, please take your girlfriend somewhere away from me." She mocks as Elijah pulls her outside. "Suck it, Klaus." She says in a quiet taunt.