Meet the main characters

MR FRANCIS HUGES: Mr Francis Huges is a typical Ghanaian man born into a royal Fante family. He happens to be the head of the Huges family ;one of the most powerful and influential families in the Winneba township . He is the father of Matilda,Ebo and  Quansah("his hidden son")He is a well to do business tycoon and seen as a very noble royal in the township. He is a typical Ghanaian man whose perceptions and views are centered on  outmoded Fante culture. He believes that a woman's dwelling place is the kitchen and no where else but is blessed with a beautiful daughter who thinks otherwise.

MRS QUEENSTIN EWURAMA HUGES. Mrs. Huges is the mother of Matilda and Kwabena. She shares similar ideologies with her husband on other things but her religious beliefs and girl child education. She is a staunch Christian who upholds her and values  religious beliefs strongly.  She  believes that her daughter should be educated  but her opinions are  shadowed by her husband's strong patriarchal notions.

KWABENA EBO HUGES; kwabena Ebo is the first born son of the Huges family. Even though he is hardworking, and serious he shares  similar ideologies with his dad about women.

ESI KELLY : Esi is Matilda's best friend ,she is fun loving ,sociable and very consoling. She is fortunate enough to have parents who see the value of  girl-child education. She always encourages Matilda to fight harder to break the patriarchal forces imposed on her.