Journey to the west.

Matilda's POV
I arrived very early in the morning in the stunning city of Accra after a tiring hour and forty minutes journey from Winneba.

The morning sun shone on the beautiful city revealing it's sparkling and glowing glory. The bus came to a halt at Circle in Accra.

The area looked very busy. With hawkers and street sellers moving here and there and calling for the attention of people to purchase their goods.

Third person POV.
As Matilda arrived at the bus terminal she was confused as to where she would go to.

Matilda had planned to settle with her uncle before she moved to the city but had no idea where her uncle lived. The last time she met Uncle Ekow was when he came for a visit.

As she kept wondering she remembered her uncle once told her dad about his church in Accra. The holy spirit Cathedral .Her Uncle never stopped talking about his church and how meeting Christ had changed his life.

Her Uncle never stopped talking about his church and how meeting Christ had changed his life

The holy spirit cathedral.
Matilda makes a smart move to visit the Cathedral with the hope of meeting her uncle.

She was certain about this decision because she knew that her uncle would never miss any Eucharistic celebration. She asked for direction of the church and headed straight to the place .

MATILDA'S POV.
The "tr)tr)" pulled over at the bus stop opposite the cathedral. Once I came out of the vehicle I was left dumfounded at the magnificent structure that stood in front of me. I must say,that this is the tallest cathedral I had ever seen. The grey painted building has a symbolic inscription of the the holy spirit and giant brownish doors . Beside the building is a grand tower which holds the campanile. I was totally motionless as I stood in front of the massive building. And before I could say Jack Robinson the campanile rang for the 7:00 morning mass. I rushed into the church and found myself a seat since I was late. All eyes were on me but I ignored and walked confidently to the front seat. I quickly glanced through the crowd but to my disappointment uncle Ekow was not there. I was very worried and scared cos he was my only hope in this city. I prayed to God to take control as I sat down quietly. The organist played melodiously as the choir sung along as the priest and the alter servers processed into the church. I turned to look at the priest dressed in his beautiful green vestment and just then...just then.. I saw Uncle Ekow among the mass servers. I was so relieved to finally see him. Indeed God answers prayers. I realised he was part of the lectors because of the novitiate he was wearing. As he bowed to the alter to face the congregation his eyes met directly with mine and you can guess his reaction. His eyes were on me throughout the liturgy even when he was reading the word. I could see he had a lot of questions in mind .As they recessed out of the church. Uncle Ekow gave me a sign to meet him outside.

Trotro This local van is usually referred to as trotro in Ghanaian

Trotro
This local van is usually referred to as trotro in Ghanaian. Its used as a medium of transport throughout cities and towns in the country. As it moves the driver's assistant known as the "mate" shouts the name of its destination to catch the attention of passengers to come on board.
Procession

A/N ; This is how far the Lord has brought us

A/N ; This is how far the Lord has brought us. Am,so sorry for not keeping in touch with y'all😭. A promise its gonna be different. Pleaaaase keep your comments coming in. And please don't forget to vote. The next chapters are in the pipeline and will be published soon. Thank y'all God bless you......