Chapter 2: Legacy Day

Legacy Day dawned weak as watery porridge. The Night Briars that were put up at night for protection blocked most of the sunlight from pouring into Thalia's dorm room.

The mirror on the wall blinked on as Headmaster Grimm started a Mirrorcast. "Good Morning students," he said. "Forgive this unscheduled Mirrrorcast. You may have noticed that the Night Briars are still standing. I decided to allow the briars to remain throughout this crucial day, as an added protection for all of you. Nothing can be allowed to interrupt today's Legacy Day ceremony."

Thalia groaned as she realized she had to get up from her very comfortable bed. Cupid ran over to her roommate's side of the dorm.

"Come on Thalia! Time to get ready!" she said, peeking over the side of the bed. Thalia rolled over to her other side in response and pulled the cover over her head tightly.

"Alright. Drastic times call for drastic measures!" Cupid took a hold of the comforter and ripped it off.

Thalia yelped as the sun's weak rays shined on her. Like her father, she did not like the sunshine, hence why both of them had skin as pale as parchment.

She grumbled as she picked up her oh-so-warm blanket from the floor and made her bed. Cupid giggled at the sight but shut up after receiving a glare from her roommate. When Thalia was intentionally scary, it sent shivers down your spine. Even more so than normal.

It was time to get dressed. Each Legacy Day participant would wear their heirloom outfit, the clothes that their fairytale parent had made famous. Muzan had worn a suit for his Legacy Day. Thalia had no desire to change what he wore, so she tailored it slightly to fit her body better.

The outfit consisted of an embroidered black tuxedo and a white tie over a black dress shirt and white dress pants. For shoes, she donned a pair of black boots with platform heels. She then put on the wrist length black gloves with black lace trim. Her father had worn white wrist length gloves, but those weren't her style.

She let the front strands of her wavy hair out of her low bun and frame her pale face. Numerous amounts of various jewelry were also present on her body. Finally, she donned her Cloak of Shadows as a personal touch.

Today, she felt like the Bringer of Death. She felt powerful. She felt as if she could make every being beg for mercy.

Every special event Thalia did something like this. She would let her scary side out for just one event and everyone was terrified. It was kind of fun, actually. However, even before she started these terrifying antics, people still avoided her like the plague.

She reluctantly went to go help Cupid with her hair and the fastening of the back of her dress. All the other girls had complex outfits to put on, but thankfully Thalia's was simple in comparison.

Today put her in a good mood, so she agreed to walk down to the terrace along with Cupid. However, after they reached the bottom of the stairs, Thalia went off alone as part of her plan. She brushed her hood back and walked forward, channeling a rather demonic side of her.

Even though she did not make a single sound, everyone felt her presence and was frozen in terror.

She walked down the middle of the hallway, taking in the fear on everyone's faces. She smiled a terrifying smile as her aura of dread fell over everyone like a thick blanket, nearly suffocating them.

She had made eye contact with a poor student who was unfortunate enough to lock eyes with her. Her skin, pale as the moon, contrasted greatly with the shadows and her plum-red eyes. The student squeaked and ran off to the side.