Chapter 3: Queen of Death and True Hearts Day

When she woke up the morning after, Thalia found that Cupid was already up and ready to face the day. She also had a very big smile that was very unsettling.

"What's up with you?" She asked groggily.

"So I've been thinking," Cupid started, ignoring the 'that's never good' Thalia muttered under her breath. "About what you said last night. You said you're always gonna lose love because you live longer than most people."

"What about it?"

"You're telling me you plan to spend all your years of living without having someone care for you because you're going to outlive them?" Cupid arched a brow "I'm not letting you. I think you should give love a try, because as much as it can hurt, it's always worth it."

"Well, I have yet to meet someone who I think will make it worth it, so for now, I'm staying single," said Thalia with a tone of finality.

•••

It was springtime at Ever After High and the only thing on students' minds was following their true heart. However, hearts and destinies don't always move in the same direction.

Cupid saw Dexter getting ready to give some flowers to Raven, but before he could, she elbowed Thalia to get her to sit with Raven at lunch.

Thalia rolled her eyes but did so anyway. Seeing as Thalia approached Raven first, Dexter grew discouraged and walked off, completely ignoring Cupid.

Cupid continued to grow unlucky in love. Dexter had sent an "anonymous"(it was obvious it was him) request for love help, and it was about Raven.

"I, well, I kind of...no, I do have a crush on this girl named Raven."

Cupid gasped. "You have a crush on Raven Queen?" Everyone watching gasped along with her.

"Well, whenever I'm around her, I get really tongue tied," continued Not-Dexter. "Well, I also think she likes someone else..."

"Oh..." said Cupid, her heart slowly breaking in two. "Well, how about putting down your feelings on parchment?" Dexter nodded enthusiastically.

When Cupid ended her mirrorcast, she slumped back in her seat and sighed. Dexter really didn't return her feelings. However, she wouldn't give up. She'd place Raven and Thalia together, and then she'd have her chance. Some would say she had something in common with a certain swan looking for a Happily Ever After...

But continuing with her "Queen of Death" plan, she had the perfect way of making it happen.

•••

"You want me, the future Bringer of Death, to help you organize a True Hearts Day Dance?" Thalia scrunched her face at Cupid's beaming one. "Are you in your right state of mind? Did you drink some poison?"

"I'm sure of what I'm saying and I'm not going mad as a hatter, Thals" Cupid nodded firmly to show that she knew what she was saying and she meant it.

"I thought I told you not to call me that. Why do you need me anyways? You have Briar!" she gestured at the princess, who had been looking around the part of the room that belonged to Thalia since they arrived. She spotted Thalia's scythe leaning against the wall and raised a hand toward it.

"Don't touch that, Briar" the red eyed girl warned with a boring tone. Briar jolted. Did she have eyes on the back of her head?

"Okay, so maybe I don't exactly need you to organize the party. But I was hoping that you could see how wonderful love truly is if you helped." she admitted. When Thalia rolled her eyes again and opened her mouth to say a rebuttal, Cupid rushed for an excuse. "It's not what you think! It's uh- It's because we're going to work together in the stories forever after, and so I thought that it would be nice for you to learn a little about what I do."