Chapter 5: Thronecoming

Thalia was hexcited for Thronecoming. Mainly because this was another chance to scare everyone, but also that she got to dress up again. But mainly because she could scare everyone.

While Thalia was preparing her float, she overheard Apple and Raven's conversation. "...And to be honest, when it comes to this, I think you're being selfish," said Raven, raising an eyebrow.

Everyone gasped at the statement.

"That's right!" called Thalia as she prepared her float. However, everyone ignored her. Rolling her eyes, she went to go support her friend.

"You-you think I'm being selfish?" said Apple.

"All you care about is your own Happily Ever After," continued Raven.

"You know," said Apple, picking up a basket of apples. "Because you didn't sign, all of our stories could go poof. We could all go poof!"

"Yeah, but we didn't." Raven crossed her arms.

"Yet," added Apple. "Raven, I don't want you to sign the book for me. I want you to sign it so that nothing bad happens to the people that I love." She handed Raven an apple. "Including you."

"Right, and I'm guessing I'm not included, am I?" interjected Thalia with a hand on her hip. Apple blinked startled.

"That's not...I-" Apple struggled to respond.

"Face it, Apple, you're doing this so that everyone's destiny is secure, even if it ends badly for them. As long as the ones who are supposed to be safe are safe right?" Thalia took the apple that was in Raven's hands.

"What about those whose fates are not so satisfactory?" Thalia rolled the apple in her hands. "The ones I have to kill," she clarified. Apple didn't respond.

"It is reasonable to not want to die, hence why all of you are scared of me. Then why is it not ok when someone actually does something about it?" Thalia looked straight into Apple's eyes. "Think about it. Raven's future was going to be very crappy. She would live, but she would be hated for something she had to do to keep you happy. Yet she'd be the villain. That doesn't sound so fair, does it?" When Apple didn't answer, Thalia was left satisfied. She threw the apple over her shoulder.

"I stand by what I said. When it comes to our futures, I think you're the one being selfish, Raven." Then she locked up her basket and left.

"Hey, don't listen to her. You're right, you all should decide what oath you wanna take. You're your own person, you are free just because you were born. No one's destiny should be written before they have even come to existence." Thalia tried to reassure her friend, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks, Thalia." Raven managed a smile.

"Now, I'm off. The sun is killing me and I have a date with Cupid," Thalia brought her hood low once more and walked away.

Thalia's date was introducing Cupid to her ghost friends. Cupid desperately wanted to meet them and Thalia was hesitant to agree. However, she couldn't refuse her puppy-dog eyes and gave in. Her friends agreed to show themselves as well.

"Are you ready? They can be quite scary when you first see them," warned Thalia.

"Oh, it's no big deal, I've seen tons of scary people back at Monster High!" Cupid waved her hand dismissively.

"Alright then." Thalia called for the six to appear. "Let her see you guys." The six ghosts only show themselves to people of their choosing. Many ghosts let everyone see, but since they look quite scary, they chose to do it this way.