A Set Up

Thorn sighs it had been a crazy few days, and she was just glad the Fang drama was finally over. She was also glad Tyson was for once very happy as he had his mentor around now. She looked at her pack happily as she looked to the part of the sewer where the dachshund named Arrow was currently living. 

Thorn and Arrow had been forced to work together when Fang decided to take over again, both against their will. Arrow was like an older version of Tyson, and was really smart, sweet , tough and handsome. Thorn quickly shook that  feeling off. What was she thinking she wasn't falling for this dog she barely even knew him! Plus she was a strong independent female, she didn't need a mate, she wasn't becoming one of those mates who was just there to have puppies even though she had to admit she would love having her own family.

But could she even trust this dog? That she didn't know. Yes, Arrow had helped her get rid of Fang, but other than that he had no idea what his intentions were, plus she didn't even know if he felt the same way. There were so many what-ifs, and half of her told her to ignore her feelings, but the other half said to at least try, but what would her pack think? They would never let her and Arrow be together.

She shook her head. She had to stop thinking about it, but she couldn't. Arrow was the nicest male dog she had met other than Tyson, and he didn't count, plus Tyson seemed to know him, and love him. But still she highly doubted Arrow liked her back. He seemed to cooperate with her only because he wanted out of Fang's pack. Of course she understood why. Fang was horrible. Arrow could not possibly like her could he?

………… 

Arrow sighs as he continues to talk to Tyson about some science terminology. He was too busy talking to notice the smirk on Tyson's face. Tyson had been trying for days now to get his mother figure and father figure together. Not because he wanted them to be together even though that was an added plus. The reason why he owas trying was because he felt something between the two of them. And he knew Thorn was too stubborn and a little scared to admit her feelings, and Arrow was too shy to even think about doing that. So he had to get them together.

He could definitely tell Arrow was thinking about Thorn, but surprisingly he was still talking about science terminology. "Arrow, I'm getting hungry. Can we go hunt please?" Tyson asks politely as Arrow nods, "Yeah sure, bud come on." Arrow is obviously distracted as they walk out.

As they walked, Arrow thought about Thorn. He really really liked her. But she had been through so much trauma he didn't want to make anything harder for Thorn. He never thought about having a mate before now. He was a lone dog and he knew how to take care of himself, he never thought about a mate. Because usually lone dogs don't have mates. They are called lone dogs for a reason. But he wanted a mate and he wanted puppies, but he was too shy, and why would Thorn even want to be his mate? He had nothing to give. He could barely hunt, he was not fierce or a leader of any sort. 

He was super shy, and he was again just a lone dog. That has more smarts then he probably should. While she was a beautiful Beta of a pack, she was an amazing hunter, as well as a wonderful leader. She was so outgoing,and always knew what was best for her pack. She deserved everything if not more and Arrow just didn't have that. Plus her pack would kill him if they figured out he loved her. There's just no way this love could work.

………

"Thorn, can we go hunt please." Dove begged as she was in on this with Tyson. And was just trying to get Thorn over to the hunting ground, but she was having more trouble than usual. "Dove, I'm busy." Thorn says as she puts Blaze's extra collar on his blanket. "Please!" Dove says as Thorn groans, "Okay fine, let's go Thorn says as Dove smirks and tries not to giggle. She finally got Thorn out.

"So Dove, how do you like Arrow?" Thorn questions as Dove smiles and wags her tail. "He's nice and smart! I love hanging around with him sometimes." Dove says as they got to the hunting ground once Dove and Tyson saw each other they instantly nod. "Thorn I forgot my toy I'll be right back I promise." Dove says as Thorn rolls her eyes, "Alright Dove, but be careful." Thorn says.

………

Tyson does the same, "Arrow, I actually have to do something really quick. I'll be back." Tyson says as Arrows nods, "Alright bud, be careful." Arrow says with a smile before the two pups hid in the bushes.

Thorn quickly notices the dachshund who was mumbling to himself and hadn't noticed Thorn yet, but when he did he tried to hide. Thorn just rolls her eyes, wagging her tail slowly. "Hey Arrow, what are you doing here?" Thorn questions the dachshund who just looked at her backing away a bit, "Oh, I'm hunting, you?" Arrow asks in confusion, "Same." Thorn says before an awkward silence fills the air. "Well I guess we could be hunting buddies for now." Thorn says as Arrow just nods. 

Arrow was embarrassed, that was what he was, he knew what Tyson had set him up, but Tyson knew he couldn't hunt well. Why did he choose hunting? "The dog groans in irritation as he watches Thorn hunt. Hoping that Thorn wouldn't notice him just sitting there, but she did, Arrow why aren't you hunting? Aren't you hungry?" Thorn says as Arrow just shook his head not knowing what to say. "Um yes I am, but I… um think I'll just go dumpster diving later…"  Arrow says before trailing off. "But Arrow, fresh food is so much better than dumpster food." Thorn says as Arrow just sighs? "Well… um hunting is not really my thing." Arrow admitted as he wagged his tail sadly.

"Oh then why did you come to hunt?" Thorn asks as Arrow sighs, "Tyson wanted to hunt but he went somewhere and never came  back." Arrow says as Thorn looks at him in shock. "Same with Dove…" She says trailing off as they look at each other. "They set us up!" They say in unison making both dogs blush. Both were thankful that their fur hid it. 

"Well since we're together you might as well share my kill, and then, umm… how about you show me your lone dog world?" Thorn asks, hoping that Arrow would accept. Arrow just looks at the female dog and nods, "Why not, but first… Tyson!"Arrow calls out as Thorn nods, "Dove!" Thorn says as both walk out from their hiding spot acting like they had just walked from the den. "Wow Dove, I can't believe it took that long…"  Tyson started but both older dogs groaned, "We know what you did you two no need to act." Thorn says, making the two younger pups nod. "Listen pups, go home okay, and when Jade and Diamond get back. Just say I went on a hike. Do not tell them anything about Arrow." Thorn says seriously, making both pups nod. "Yes, Thorn, have fun. Come on Dove, let's go." Tyson says as the four dogs go separate ways. Little did either dog know. Is that this would be the start of something amazing.