Argument and Forgiveness

Hey guys this one shot was requested by another anonymous requester. Thanks Descendantsfan03 for letting me use little Mal and helping me figure out what to do for it. It means a lot anyways I hope you enjoy if you do vote and comment 💖

Georgie quickly checks the time on her phone as she grabs her bag. "Alright boss, well thanks for the lunch, and thanks for the understanding. Georgie says as she shakes her boss's hand 

"It's fine Georgie, I understand you have two jobs and at this moment this one is more important. Your job will be waiting for you when you come back." Her boss reassures as Georgie nods looking at the pups. "Pumpkin, Mira come on, it's time to get home. I need to make sure Mal's blood sugar is good." Georgie says to the dogs as Tessa hadn't been taking Mal's diabetes too seriously. While Georgie on the other hand was trying her very best to not let Mal get sick again. First of all once Evie was well enough again  would kill her second off it was part of her job. She had been through enough training sessions to know that diabetes was nothing to mess with, not to mention that the Nathan incident gave her anxiety.

………

She came home to see Mal and Tessa on the couch watching what she could only guess was Dragon Tales or Frozen. She really couldn't tell from the kitchen. She just quickly grabs her backpack, tossing it on her bed. "Hey Tess, heya Mal. Tessa, did you check Mal's blood sugar?" Georgie asks as she sees Mal was eating some candy. Which made Georgie nervous. She just looks at her dogs making sure they aren't signalling for high or low blood sugar.

"No, not yet, why?" Tessa asks as Georgie sighs. She could have raised her voice at that moment, but there are so many reasons why she couldn't. Mal was in the room, all her training was telling her otherwise, and she did not want to do that to Tessa. Anyone else in their right mind that she knew would be getting it.

"Tessa, you needed to check it at lunch, why did you even give her the candy if you didn't know what her blood sugar was?" Georgie asked calmly. As Tessa shrugs, making Georgie mask a groan. "Tessa, that could be very dangerous, and it could land her back in the hospital." Georgie says adding the or worst part into her mind.

"Mal wanted a soda so I decided to give it to her. What's the harm in that?" Tessa asks a bit defensively Georgie could instantly tell this talk wasn't going to end well. So she quickly grabs her backup meter and pokes Mal finger making the young girl cry. " Once Georgie got the reading back she sighs in relief and grabs a sticker sheet full of dragon stickers. Mal quickly brightened up as Georgie looks to the child. 

"Mal Pumpkin, can you go to the playroom please Auntie Tessa and I need to have a talk." Georgie told the girl gently who nods as she and Pumpkin run to the playroom Mira stays behind though knowing Georgie may need her. Georgie then takes the unoccupied place on the couch. "Tessa, we need to talk about Mal's diabetes. You're not taking it very seriously." Georgie says calmly.

"I am taking it seriously!" Tessa says in offense as Georgie just thinks before talking she hated arguing especially being part of it, but this needed to be said. Georgie couldn't deal with Mal going to the hospital again.

"No you're not Tessa, listen I know it's hard to get used to. It was for me at first too, but you need to be on top of checking her blood sugar and using the insulin pump. The best way to do that is keeping timers." Georgie says explaining as well as she could.

"She doesn't like getting poked, it hurts her!" Tessa tries to reason as Georgie sighs again. She petted Mira who had jumped on her lap, and looks over to her phone. She knew it hurt at first, but Mal would get used to it eventually.

"Mal will get used to it eventually, but you need to do it if not it could come with dangerous consequences." Georgie warns as she couldn't help, but remember seeing the faces of quite a few diabetes patients who had a very fast unexpected turn. It scared her to have so much knowledge sometimes, but Tessa needed to know it too .