Presentation

London, 1813.

The time has come for those in of high social standings to place their bets for the upcoming social season. Considering the households of the Baron Featherington and, possibly the more favorable, in the household of the widowed Viscountess Bridgerton. But even with their bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters, one cannot help but notice when one of those sons arrives a bit later than the rest his family to the first major event of the year.

Many of these young ladies have been preparing for this day their entire lives. One of the most important days in a young ladies life, and to some a terrifying one. The day they are presented, by their mothers, to Her Majesty the Queen. The ladies wait in a parlor room, while they wait to see her Majesty, and while they do one cannot help but notice a young lady standing, all alone, by the window. Daphne, the Bridgerton's eldest daughter, walks over to the young lady and, in an effort to make a friend, smiles, greeting the young lady, "terribly stressful day, isn't it?"

The young lady smiles and turns her attention from the sky above to Daphne, "for some, maybe."

"You are not worried about what the Queen might say?" Daphne's jaw almost hits the floor at just the idea of someone not worrying over meeting her Majesty.

The young woman chuckles, "maybe a bit. But we can not change our fates now. I try not to worry about it too much," she smiles and offers Daphne a kind and friendly wink.

Before the two can speak any further Daphne's mother, the Viscountess, comes looking for her daughter, "Daphne, we are next, come along."

Daphne turns to her new companion with a smile, "good luck."

"To you as well," the woman smiles to Daphne, another sincere smile before the she leaves.

After being presented with what could feel like hundreds of marriage minded misses the Queen is feeling and looking rather bored. The Featheringtons tried to put their best foot forward, but ended up with their eldest daughter in a nose dive at the Queen's feet. The high light of the day seemed to be the Queen showing a great amount of favor to Daphne, by calling her 'flawless.' Now all eyes were on Daphne, but we all know the brighter a lady shines, the faster she may burn.

This is no concern for the lady following Daphne, for she would rather all eyes be elsewhere when she makes her entrance. The gentlemen announcing the young ladies and their mothers stops upon seeing the next card. Almost stammering as he reads the card aloud, "Miss Theodora Stourton... presented by... herself."

Daphne turns, as does every other person in the room. Is a lady really presenting herself to the Queen, alone? As Daphne studies the woman walking down the aisle alone she realizes it was the young lady she had been speaking to in the parlor. The room is silent as Theodora confidently strides and glides down the aisle toward the Queen and her ladies in waiting, much as it had been for all the ladies before her, but in this silence you could hear a pen drop. The Queen had even taken notice, sitting up from the leaning position she had resumed after showing favor to Daphne.

When she reaches the stairs at the Queen's feet Theodora bows her head to Her Majesty. The Queen looks over the young lady in front of her with dark locks, much to the opposite of Daphne's fiery red locks. The Queen stands once again, walking down the stairs to Theodora with the help of one of her ladies. Unlike Daphne however, once the Queen is in front if her, Theodora stands, tall and confident. The Queen smiles and almost laughs, "brave, bold and beautiful. A dangerous combination." The Queen takes a few seconds pause, "but, only time will tell if it plays in your favor."