Bad Moon Rising

"a well read woman is a dangerous creature." - Lisa Kleypas

" - Lisa Kleypas

She'd woken up before him, which was unusual

She'd woken up before him, which was unusual. But she supposed he must have been more tired by the previous day's events than her. After all, she had crashed fairly early on.

Leaving the warm covers, she took a look at him, smiling softly at what she saw. He looked angelic in his sleep, every frown line that usually marked his face gone, lips tilted up in a small smile, as though he was enjoying his dreams. Leaning over him, she pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead before padding out of the room.

Thea wanted to make him breakfast for once, turning that tables and all. Whilst cooking may not have been her exact forte, breakfast foods were surprisingly something she excelled at. It was how her dad and her bonded. He'd make breakfast every weekend, and she'd be the only one awake early enough in the house to help him.

She figured she'd keep it simple today; eggs, bacon and hash-browns, maybe even some biscuits if she had the necessary ingredients.

Setting out everything she'd need, she popped open her record player, choosing an Abba vinyl (in honour of her late father, they were his favourite band), lowered the volume enough to ensure that she wouldn't wake Damon up, and began swaying in place as she cooked.

Eggs, easy, scrambled to perfection and buttery. She was humming to the words as she cooked the bacon, fully focused on her task. She'd realised she was lacking a couple of things for biscuits and had decided against them in the end, choosing to simply butter some toast. The coffee machine was preparing the drink, and she'd already laid out everything needed on the table, from butter to jam.

She'd just finished plating the bacon strips when two familiar cold hands wrapped around her waist, and he nuzzled his face into her neck, "There's a sight I'd like to wake up to forever,"

Giggling, she turned to him, nudging their noses together, "What? Me in the kitchen, cooking you breakfast?"

He hummed slightly, "It's strangely domestic, and I like it."

The blood-witch laughed against him, before laying a soft kiss onto his lips, "Well come on then," she said with a smile, pulling away and tugging him towards her dining table, continuing, "You can tell me if it's any good. It's been a while since I've cooked anything harder than cereal."