By the Light Of the Moon

"the world is made up of four elements: earth, are, fire and water. there's a fifth element, and generally it's called surprise." - Terry Pratchett

" - Terry Pratchett

TW: this chapter contains sexual content

TW: this chapter contains sexual content. Beginning and end will be marked by ****.

She wasn't aware what the day was when she woke up. To her, it was just any other day. The bed was empty, Damon having gotten up before her as usual, and as she headed towards the bathroom to wash her face and begin getting ready, she still had no idea.

It was only when she made her way to her kitchen, and found a stack of pancakes with a single candle on top waiting for her, that the realisation sunk in like a boulder dropped into the ocean.

Smiling slightly at the sight, she looked around for her bounded, as his voice came from behind her, "I'm a little upset I had to find out via Blondie that your birthday's today."

Turning around, she shot him a sad smile, shrugging slightly, "Would you believe me if I told you I'd forgotten? I haven't celebrated it in three years."

His arms wrapped around her hips, and he pulled her into him, hugging her to his chest, "That's gonna change. We're going to celebrate it every year, because now, I'm personally thankful for this day."

"You are?" She mumbled.

"It's the day you were born, also known as the day the best thing that's ever happened to me was brought to life, and therefore, we're gonna celebrate it." He replied, pulling away and grinning at her, before pulling her towards the kitchen table, "Starting with these pancakes that I slaved over."

Grabbing her fork, she shot him a small smirk, "Slaved over huh? They better be good then."

"Why don't you try them and find out."

Smiling, she cut a small piece and ate it, moaning in approval at the taste. Looking back at him, she grinned widely, before gesturing to her plate, "You're gonna have to eat it with me, because there's no way in hell I'm gonna be able to finish all of this."

Damon laughed, before pulling her out of her chair and taking a seat, dragging her back into his lap. Together, they got through her stack of birthday pancakes, before he stood up and headed behind the counter, placing two packages in front of her, as well as a cup of coffee.