Kill Or Be Killed

"of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" — J.K. Rowling

TW: THIS CHAPTER DEALS WITH ISSUES REVOLVING AROUND DRUG USE AND SUICIDAL IDEATION, FEEL FREE TO FULLY SKIP IT IF IT AFFECTS YOU

TW: THIS CHAPTER DEALS WITH ISSUES REVOLVING AROUND DRUG USE AND SUICIDAL IDEATION, FEEL FREE TO FULLY SKIP IT IF IT AFFECTS YOU. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.

The first thing she did when she woke up, was hiss in pain

The first thing she did when she woke up, was hiss in pain. Everything below her belly-button was sore, and she knew walking would be the worst thing she'd have to do today.

Trying to slowly move from underneath Damon's arm, so as to not startle him awake, she failed when a low "ow," escaped her lips, as soon as she placed her feet on the floor.

"What's wrong?" Came his husky morning voice from behind her.

Biting her lip to hold in the gasp of pain that wanted to escape, she said, "Nothing, just a little sore."

"You do realise I can feel how much pain you're in, right?" He asked. She could hear the smugness in his voice, and replied with a raised brow, "well, you could sound a little less arrogant about it."

Cold hands wrapped around her waist from behind, before he nuzzled into the crook of her neck, "Can't help it Angel, seeing what I do to you, just does something to me."

"I would say that it's the primitive vampire part of you, but I have a feeling human-you would have been just as smug." She chuckled.

"Yep."

Turning her head to look at him, she asked, "So what now? I'm gonna need to get out of bed at some point, and moving seems like an impossibility."

"I got it," he mumbled, before speeding in front of her, and pulling her into his arms. Giggling, she held onto him, "You do realise you can't carry me around all day, right?"

"Don't tempt me," he replied, before heading into her bathroom, and straight into the shower. Turning the water on the warmest setting they could handle, he slowly dropped her to her feet, grinning at her slight hiss, before he continued, "But I'm thinking a warm shower and a little bit of my blood might just do the trick."