The Dinner Party

"monsters are real, ghosts are real too. they live inside us, and sometimes they win." - Stephen King

" - Stephen King

Thea hadn't slept very well, nightmares haunting her until she gasped awake

Thea hadn't slept very well, nightmares haunting her until she gasped awake. Damon's arms tightened around her, before his voice softly asked, "Do you want to talk about it?"

The blood-witch shook her head, burrowing deeper into his chest as she replied, "No. I don't even really remember what happened, other than I felt sad and betrayed." Sighing, she tried to shut her eyes, "I just have a feeling today is going to be a shit day."

"Normal feeling, or witchy-feeling?" He questioned, finger hooking under her chin, raising her eyes to his. The girl sighed despondently, "Witchy feeling."

"We'll get through it, then. Whatever it is, we'll deal. And once that's done, I'm taking you away for a couple of days."

"Can we afford to leave right now? With everything going on?" She asked, tilting her head at him.

Damon chuckled, leaning is forehead against hers, "Don't care. They can keep themselves alive for 48 hours, while you and I recuperate. Someone's gotta think of your well-being Angel, especially since you refuse to."

"I take care of myself, usually. These past couple of days have not been making it easy though."

"Which is why we're gonna take a break, no matter what." He retorted, a smirk curling his lips.

"Where?" She questioned softly, biting her lip.

A soft kiss was pressed to her mouth, before he whispered, "You let me worry about that, baby."

"But how will I know what to pack if I don't know where we're going?" She asked, watching as he began getting dressed.

Damon gave her a wicked grin in return, voice turning husky as he replied, "No clothing necessary. If it goes my way, we'll be naked the entire time."

The girl grinned back at him, leaving the warmth of the blankets and walking in his direction. Pulling his head down to hers, she pressed their lips together, kissing him with all the love in her. His hands wrapped around her hips, pulling her deeper into him, as his tongue tangled with her own, mouths moving together in harmony, a dance they'd perfected long ago.