Katerina

"don't ever think i fell for you, or fell over you. i didn't fall in love, i rose in it." - Toni Morrison

" - Toni Morrison

She hadn't slept very well, every movement she made tugging on the tender, bruised skin of her arms

She hadn't slept very well, every movement she made tugging on the tender, bruised skin of her arms. So when she'd woken up, finally, it was at the crack of dawn.

Thea turned slowly in bed, her blood-bonded's arms wrapped around her loosely. Her body wasn't quite as tender as it had been yesterday, the bruising having faded throughout the night. Damon's face came into her view, relaxed and peaceful, a very different expression from the one he'd worn yesterday.

She slowly raised her hand, fingers running softly over the line of his jaw, grazing the slight stubble growing there. She followed the contours of his face with her eyes, watching as he breathed in his sleep. Peaceful. Restful.

His hand suddenly grabbed onto hers, drawing it to his lips and pressing a soft kiss onto it, before he opened his eyes.

"Hi," she whispered, a ghost of a smile sliding on her lips.

"Hi back," he mumbled, voice still raspy with sleep. She loved the way he sounded when he'd first woken up, groggy and soft. The slight rasp in his tone never failed to send shivers trailing down her spine, since this was the same tone he had when he spilled into her, passionate and low.

"Whatever you're thinking about, keep doing it," he growled lowly, rolling on top of her, body pressing into hers. His face sunk in the junction between her neck and shoulder, and his lips began pressing soft, open-mouthed kisses onto the skin. The girl moaned under her breath, arms coming up to wrap around his neck, fingers softly running through his hair.

"You, always you," she murmured softly.

He didn't reply, but his hands began roaming over her body, tracing their way up her stomach, before he came to a sudden stop. "What's this?" He asked, tracing over the scar on her side.

She could feel his confusion through the bond, and sighed slowly, closing her eyes in realisation. "It's from the spell it did to bind myself to Katherine," she replied.