Chapter 12

"How are we already going camping?" Skyler rolled her eyes as she stuffed her bag with clothes.

"Are you kidding? I wanted today to come sooner," Sarah said.

"I don't think we minded waiting for a while," I shrugged my shoulder.

We were leaving for the camping trip today. And I couldn't be less excited than ever.

I was dreading this day, and now that we are here after weeks of not worrying about it, I hated it even more.

Camping was not for me—all the bug bites and sleeping on the uncomfortable ground, and being cold throughout the night. Nope, I just couldn't do it.

My parents took me camping once, and after that, I had never wanted to go back.

But here we are, just my luck. It was our final trip. I was camping.

The senior class this year was shorter than most years. There were only 21 of us graduating, so camping was the best option for us.

"Come on; it will be fun, guys!" Sarah clapped her hand.

Sarah and I came over to Skyler's home so we can all head out together.

"Maybe for you, Sarah," She said. "But I'll be lucky if I just survive one night, not to mention 4," she sighed.

"I can't believe you guys are leaving without me," Nathan came up, standing at the door.

"You know I would trade to be in your place right now," I told him.

"Me too!" Skyler exclaimed. "But then again, I suck at football or any other sports, in fact,"

"That's a lie your pretty good at kicking ass," Sarah chuckled.

"Well, if that's a sport, then call me an athlete and give me a gold medal," she threw her hands in the air.

We all began laughing.

"But Nathan, we are going to miss you there," I told him. "It sucks that this trip couldn't be pushed back so we could all go together,"

"I know, but I guess it will be worth missing it if we do win the match," he shrugged his shoulder.

"We all know you will,"

"I wish we could come to your game," Sarah said a little shyly.

Nathan looked at her a second longer, his gaze lingering with hers.

"Uh ya me too," he snapped out. "I would love for all of you guys to come, actually," he said, looking between us.

I smiled at him. And helped Sky get the last of her stuff.

Nathan had dropped us off at the school so Skyler and Sarah wouldn't have to bring their cars.

The school bus was already here, and people were getting in.

Sarah's face gleamed as she kept talking about how excited she was. Skyler and I walked behind her, partially annoyed but glad that one of us is at least happy.

We got inside the bus and took our seats in the back of the bus. Sarah and I sat together while Sky sat in front of us.

My eyes kept focusing on the front of the bus to see if Liam would be coming in this bus or if he would find his own way here.

I actually wasn't even sure if he would even come to the trip.

I hadn't talked to him or seen him since he took me to the book shop.

He had opened up to me yesterday, and if anything, I hoped he would come.

I wanted to see him.

"Do you think Liam and his friends would come?" Sarah asked.