The end (sad)

It had officially been a month since Klance became official. They've gone on a few amazing dates, and spent as much time together as you can whilst fighting aliens on a castle in the middle of space. (They left Earth after Lance's day as he was the last one) And slowly but surely the bond between Lance and the other paladins became better, and more trusting since the incident.

There hadn't been any big missions lately or attacks by the galra. Now looking back, they probably should've been more concerned about that.

It had started as a normal day in space. Keith woke up at 5 a.m sharp to get a morning workout in with Shiro as always. He woke up to the loud beeping of the alarm that Pidge had made for all the paladins. And tried to move only to realise he was being squashed like usual by a Lance octopus. He then worked out with Shiro until 6:30 a.m and then both him and Shiro went to shower before breakfast which was usually served at 7.

Hunk would wake up at 6:30 a.m every morning to prepare breakfast so that everyone could eat at 7. Serving his new creation of food goo on plates as Shiro and Keith walked in on time as usual. He would then go and drag both a tired Blue and Green paladin from their rooms to eat. And by that time, Allura and Coran would both be seated by the table too. So just like any morning ( if not interrupted by alien battles) that's what happened.

Then after eating, Allura announced a new training/ bonding exercise to do as a team as usual. They all made their way to the training room, where they had to work as a group. ( This is all usual stuff for the paladins, right? You must be asking what made this day not normal anymore?)

Well, the entire normal day went to shit when after the training exercise and showers, when everyone was relaxing, Coran got signal of a nearby planet getting attacked by the galra. So, they all got ready for what they thought would be a usual galra fight. Where the planet would be saved and the glara would retreat. Oh boy, were they wrong. They were so so wrong.

When the castle landed on the planet and everyone was in their respective lions, the battle began. It was only some galrans trying to steal the planet's unique stones, and not a galra invasion. This was a good thing for voltron as there weren't that many galrans, and they were only in the planet's Palace and not anywhere else in the villages. Everything was going perfectly, not even any bickering or flirting from our favourite couple. Until the paladins began fighting outside of the lions.

Everyone was in the zone, taking out the galra left and right. And the only thing left to do was to reassure the planet's habitants and possibly make an alliance.

"See Princess, you don't have to worry with all those training exercises look how well we did " Lance said with a goofy but tired smile on his face. Keith face palmed, but you could see the small smile underneath. Pidge and Hunk were snickering beside them , whilst Shiro and Allura gave their best Dad and mum glares.

"Excuse the blue paladin please your Majesty" said Alura to the king of the planet, " We are all tired after the battle. Hopefully we can do an alliance to make sure something like this doesn't happen again" the king nodded greatfully and signed the alliance, that Coran presented proudly.

Although, the king offered the paladins to stay and rest, Allura denied his offer as she could she how truly tired all her team were. Allura and Coran walked ahead of the group to get the castle ready to go, whilst the team trudged slowly back to the lions. As they all laughed on the way back to the lions, Pidge couldn't shake the feeling of something being wrong. She turned around, and caught sight of a galra soldier hiding behind the tree, with his gun raised and aimed straight at Lance. The soldier and Pidge made eye contact, but as she opened her mouth to scream and warn everyone, his finger pulled the trigger.

BANG!!!!!

Lance propelled forward from the force of the bullet and collapsed on the ground. Shiro immediately grabbed Lance's gun and took out the galran before dropping to his knees and shouting for Allura and Coran to get a healing pod ready. Hunk and Pidge were hugging each other by Lance's side with tears streaming down their face. And Keith was on his knees by Lance cradling his face and sobbing his eyes out.

Lance was in so much pain, he coughed, but it only made the searing pain in his chest ten times worse. He could see his space family crying and panicking around him but it seemed to happen in slow motion. He grabbed on to Keith's hand, and said in a trembling, hopefully reassuring voice, " Hey, don't cry baby, you're gonna ruin the entire emo attitude you've got going on". Keith snorted out a laugh between tears whilst whisphering I love yous to Lance.

As Coran came running out to help, Shiro as gently as he could lifted Lance up bridal style and ran to the prepared healing pod.Even though it only took Shiro 5 minutes to get to the healing pod and secure Lance inside, it felt like hours and as if he was underwater. He closed his eyes and could only see memories flashing before his eyes of his family, Ciel and Leo, and of his space family and Keith and could only think how lucky he was to have met such amazing people in his life. He let a tear run down his face as he thought of how much he loved them.

And then it all went black.

It had been a week and a half since Lance got shot and all the paladins were a wreck. But Keith was the one doing worst of all. He didn't leave his room the entire time, unless it was to beat the crap out of some training bots. He couldn't stop thinking of how he and Lance had just gotten together, and were both finally happy and how it can all go away, and how he might never see Lance again.

It had now been two weeks since Lance has been shot. And today was the day, that Lance was supposed to come out of the healing pod, so all the paladins including Allura and Coran were sitting around the healing pod waiting for him to come out. After about an hour of waiting, the door to the healing pod opened with a whish, and Shiro caught Lance as he fell out of the healing pod. He lay him down on the floor, but he wasn't waking up or breathing.

Coran quickly began examining him, but only stood up with tears dripping down his face and said,"We were too late, number three is gone,

you can't heal a dead body"

That actually made me cry a bit 😭😭😭😭😭😭