One

The group had been on the road for months since Hershel's farm. They were dangerously starved and barely had enough supplies. On top of that, Lori was pregnant and ready to pop.

Rick and the other adults spread the map out on top of a worn out car that had led them through nearly half of the whole state of Georgia, and debated what to do next. They were blocked by herds of walkers from all directions. Daryl walked off into the woods with Rick, looking for anything to keep them alive. They walked along the train tracks. As they walked, they came across a bland, government-colored fortress that was infested with rotting corpses, all walking around. It was built up with barbed fences, gates, towers, railings, all to keep things in, or perhaps out. "We really could've used that prison," Daryl sighed.

"Maybe we still can," Rick muttered optimistically.

"Look how many walkers are in that field, ain't no way" Daryl whipped his head to Rick. Rick had a small mischievous smirk on his face, like he was planning something.

"Come on, let's get the others," Rick smirked. Daryl rolled his eyes before turning and following Rick as he quickly walked back to the group. "There's a prison over there! It's huge, and secure. Everything we need right now." Rick smiled. The group turned to face him.

"Is it safe?" Glenn asked.

"It will be. There is a field but it's covered with walkers. I say we get into the pathway outside of the field, go into the guard towers, and take down the walkers from above," Rick informed eagerly. Carl had a wide smile on his face. He was always jumping on the opportunity to do something useful, rather than just be a normal 13 year old. It made Lori furious. All she wanted was for her son to be a kid, and to be safe. But in this world, the only way to be truly safe, is to become the monster.

The whole group looked around at each other, waiting for objections.

"Dad?" Maggie made all eyes go straight to Hershel.

Hershel looked around then settled on Lori. "Lori needs somewhere like that, she's going to give birth in a few days." It was settled.

Rick turned around to lead the group towards the prison, Carl happily beside his dad. They walked along the train tracks, looking for their new mission.

"Rick?" 

Before they could stop and look at the view of the prison, they ran into a young girl. She was sprawled out over the train tracks, all alone. The group stood there in silence. Rick walked up to the body, colt python in hand.

"Stop" Daryl stopped him. He then took a second to look at the girl's face. Trying to figure out if she was alive or dead. She looked a bit sickly. Her eyelids were oily, and her lips chapped. Rick tilted his head. He noticed her breathing pattern, one that didn't sound like a walker, then he checked her pulse, and instantly dropped his shoulders, holstering his gun.

"She's alive," He announced. The group collectively let out a relieving breath.

"Well what do we do now?" Glenn asked, worriedly. Rick sighed, and ran a hand over his face in conflict. He could kill her while she's asleep and end her suffering, he could leave her there, although the wrong people could stumble across the young girl and do unimaginable things, or she could be torn apart and eaten by walkers. Or he could take her with them, but another member is another mouth to feed. "Move over," Glenn took out a water bottle and pushed past everyone, deciding he would decide for Rick. "She's just a kid!" Rick just stepped back and implied that he was thinking of saving her this whole time, which was a lie.

Glenn poured a tiny bit of their water supply onto her face. He watched her come back to consciousness, squeezing her eyes shut at the blinding sun. She fluttered her eyes open and widened them upon seeing a group of random people, specifically random men, right in front of her. She gasped, and started to scramble away, taking out her gun and pointing it at the group as she sat with her legs out 2 feet away from them.