Three

Daryl had told everyone about Raven's ability to shoot, which was a blessing and a curse. She would be able to help out, but it also meant that people's lives would be on her shoulders.

"We got a big day guys, and if all goes well, we have a home with food, water, generators, beds, you name it," Rick encouraged the group. Carl was in the front of the group, staring eagerly at his father. 'What a suck up,' Raven thought as she was in the back. Rick told everyone the plan and divided everyone up. Raven, Rick, Glenn, T-dog, and Daryl would be going past the gates, while everyone else would be on the fence, luring walkers.

"Dad, I can-" Carl started.

"Son," Rick bent down to his level. "I need you here on the fences, you get to keep people safe," Carl sighed, and obeyed. He desperately wanted to be involved in what the adults were doing, he wanted to help out. He wanted to snap back, prove to his dad he was a real man. But he wasn't, as much as he hates it, he is a kid.

Rick walked up to Raven and gave her the knife holster that she had worn on her left leg, before it was taken away due to protocol. "This is a military hunting knife, in very nice shape too. How did you get that?" Raven sheathed the black tactical knife.

"It's a bowie tactical knife, and it's a family heirloom from my uh, great grandpa who was in the army. It was a spare so he never used it," Rick hummed in response.

"Just know, I'm always watching you so don't do anything stupid or else you will regret it. I'm putting you on the frontlines because we need all the capable help we can get, don't take it for granted," Despite others beliefs, Rick did not fully trust the kid. He felt bad about it but he knew he could never be too sure. He decided to test her today by letting her help do the most dangerous part of this task, to see what she would do. If she attacked the others, his pistol was loaded and already cocked in his holster, ready to be instantly drawn. And if she sucked at killing walkers, she would have a whole group to help her.

They did as told and stayed in a tight formation, killing walkers that came towards them. Raven was doing quite well and everything seemed to be going smoothly. Until they noticed the other part of the tar courtyard's gate was wide open, with walkers everywhere. Two SWAT walkers came from behind a dumpster, clad in riot gear and helmets with shields. Raven helped Maggie take down a swat walker, she could see the woman with short dirty brown hair was struggling. Maggie high fived Raven out of joy, feeling accomplished that they did it. Raven was awkward about it, she found her very pretty. After a grueling battle, the others had managed to close and lock the gate that still had walkers.

"It looks secure," Glenn heaved, looking around.

"Look at that person," Daryl pointed at a walker. "That's a civilian, there has to be a breach somewhere,"

"We can't rebuild this whole place," Glenn groaned.

"We could block it off? Maybe eventually build around it?" Raven chimed in.

"We could. Come on let's push in," Rick took note of her speaking up, and suggesting something to help them out. Raven looked back at the fence as she trailed behind Glenn to see Carl clinging to the fence, staring. She instantly made up her mind that he was annoying.

They entered a front room that had tabled and a control type of tower in the middle of two locked cell doors. One led to a big section that had the words 'Block C' on it in bold black lettering. The other cell door was tinted orange from rust, and led to pitch black darkness.

They cautiously spread out, everyone surveying the area for even a hint of danger. Raven had noticed that Glenn kept ghosting near her, not being too far away. Rick had gotten the keys to cell block C off of a dead police officer. He unlocked it and they all shuffled inside the new territory. It was pretty big. There were two floors of cells in the long rectangular block encased in cold concrete. A set of stairs were in the middle, while at the end back of the block, was the same rusted metal door leading to darkness that they had seen not seconds earlier.