ten

March 7th, 1990Green Bay, Wisconsin

March 7th, 1990
Green Bay, Wisconsin

slash and i talked for a solid half an hour about any and everything. "elle! hurry up" nikki's voice groaned. "oh uh i gotta go...talk to you later" i spoke into the phone. "alright" slash responded before i hung up the phone.

i walked out to the main area and saw everyone sitting around, alcoholic beverages in mostly everyone's hand. "hey" i spoke, gathering their attention. "come sit down" heather invited, patting the open spot behind her.

i smiled and took the spot. "who were you talking to?" blair questioned. "no one" i shrugged, swirling my hair around my finger. "doesn't seem like no one" blair smirked.

tommy eyed me, but i ignored his stares. "blackjack anyone?" nikki offered, holding up a deck of cards. "i'll deal" i spoke, taking the cards from him.

we must've spent three hours playing blackjack. eventually they'd started betting with money, alcohol, and drugs. i didn't bet though since i didn't have money to lose, and i didn't drink much and obviously didn't do drugs.

concert night came along, and they played hell of a show, with faster pussycat opening. i had always admired that band, but i never actually talked to them. they kinda just performed and then went away with girls.

"after party ladies?" nikki questioned, coming off stage. blair and i just shared a look before going along with it. "we need to find us some guys" blair sighed, both of us sitting in her bunk as we made our way to some house.

i protested a bit to going to the party, since the boys had a show the next day. then we had a ten day break, so blair and i would return to san diego until we had to go back.

"try with the guys from faster" i shrugged, flipping through the pages of a random book i bought at a thrift shop. "that's a good idea!" she nodded, pulling out a bit of makeup to touch up what she was already wearing.

"you gonna try with any of them?" she asked, peering over at me. "probably not" i shook my head. "oh cmon! you gotta get over this tommy thing eventually" she shrugged.

"i am over him. i'm just not looking for anything right now." "exactly! so have some fun. it's obvious you're fuck buddies with slash" she frowned. oh boy she was the biggest slash fan girl ever. and her best friend just happened to be fucking him.

"yeah its just a quick hookup...im not trying to spend my life with him" i laughed. "so get some dick here" she spoke, fully turning her attention to me. "i'll think about it" i rolled my eyes.

as we arrived at the house, all the boys and their girls disappeared. so it was just blair and i. "mkay...that guys cute" blair pointed. "thats greg from faster" i spoke. "how do you know everyone?" she asked in awe.

"i used to go to a lot of their gigs..." i shrugged, finding my way to the kitchen. "vodka?" i offered to blair except she wasnt there anymore. i just rolled my eyes and settled in the kitchen, away from everyone.

"hey you're tommy's ex, arent you?" some random girl asked, walking up to me. "nope, wrong person" i spoke, my lips pursed in a straight line. whenever anyone asked me that, i always told them they were mistaken. i didnt like that reputation.

"you dont look like you're having fun" a voice spoke, making me jump slightly. "parties dont excite me anymore" i shrug, facing tommy. heather was nowhere in sight. which was weird, they're always together.

"grew out of it?" tommy questioned. "yeah" i shrugged. "wheres heather?" "laying down on the bus, she wasn't feeling good" he spoke. i just shrugged along and took another sip of my drink.

"you like being on tour?" tommy questioned. "yeah, its nice...except i miss home" i smiled. "well its almost break" he smiled. "yeah..." i trailed off, noticing blair and greg coming into the kitchen.

"your friend found someone, where's your person" tommy asked. "not interested in all that" i shrugged. "youve changed" he spoke, a slight smile on his face. "hope its not in a bad way" i laughed. "no, no its good" he corrected, with a childish grin.

a silence settled over us as we made eye contact. i held an awkward smile, as his face showed no emotion. within seconds, his lips were on mine. with no hesitation i pulled back with wide eyes. his eyes were 10 times wider than mine.

"tommy we cant" i shook my head, quickly getting the fuck out of that house. i made my way back into the bus and entered the bunk area. "elle?" heather questioned, opening the curtains to her bunk.

"hi" i smiled, with a slightly worried expression. "you okay?" she asked. "yeah just tired" i lied. "you look sick, do you need anything?" i asked. with a pleasant smile she nodded, "can you get me a bottle of water?"

since when i was hungover she helped me, so i decided to return the favour, even though my head was basically spinning. tommy just kissed me! what the fuck.

"here" i spoke, handing her the cold water bottle. "thank you so much, elle" she smiled, sitting up. "no problem...im gonna go to my bunk. let me know if you need anything" i offered. "i will" she nodded.

when i laid down, i let out a huge breath i was holding in. why did tommy kiss me? he has heather, and she's genuinely the nicest girl ive ever met. and i dont want to be the one to tear their relationship apart.

plus i hadnt even realized that there were people around when he kissed me. i hope no one noticed, cause then it was game over for both tommy and i. i'd probably never leave my house again.

what if on the next break i just didnt come back on tour? that way i can seperate myself from tommy completely. sure i'd be ghosting him. but im not sure i wanna be around him right now. especially while he's with heather.