The Jacksons

Percy POV

I held Annabeth in my arms and cried silently into her hair as she sobbed about Char and Bianca.
I murmured soothing things into her ear and felt tears sliding down my arms.

Suddenly she pulled out of my grip and shot up, pacing around, furious. "This has gotta be a monster or something."

I shook my head in a gesture that said I dunno. "Maybe. Or maybe it's just some creep who enjoys kidnapping kids. We just need to find out who kidnapped them, and get our kids back."

She nodded and I stood up, wrapping my arms around her. "Why would they take our kids?" She murmured into my shoulder.

I just shrugged and held her tighter. "We'll get them back, baby."

••••••••

I trudged into work the next day, straightening my collar.

"Hey man, you need anything? I heard what happened to the kids." Dan asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged him off gently and shook my head. "Nah. We just need to find out who took them."

"Alright, well, come over here. We've got it all pinned up here."

He led me over to his cubicle, where the kids' school pictures were pinned on a board, connected with thumbtacks and string. 2 blank pictures were pinned up near the kids'. "We know there were two kidnappers who initially took them, but we don't know if there's a gang out there who has them. Lt. Johnson is working on that."

I nodded at Johnson. "Did anybody see the direction they drove off?"

Jones shook his head. "But we do know that the kids are resourceful. If anyone can escape without injury or police, the spawn of Percy and Annabeth Jackson can." He clapped me on the shoulder reassuringly.

I gave him a half, fake smile and stared at the pictures of my children, rubbing my beard. "It's all my fault."

Jones was visibly taken aback. "How is it your fault? Perce, you couldn't have done anything!"

"I...I made them walk home that day. I was gonna pick them up...but they were acting out. So I said, 'fine! Walk home!' I'm such an idiot!" I smacked my head on the desk I was sat at, barely holding back tears.

"Perce...." Jones said.

"Jackson, it wasn't your fault." My boss said, instinctively placing a hand on his gun.

"Yes it was. And I see the damn hand on your gun. You can back off with that."

He raised an eyebrow and slowly took his hand off his weapon. "Jackson, do you want the day off?"

"I'm gonna do better with this on my mind, Chief." I declined, standing and slapping Dan on the shoulder. "Come on, man."

He followed me hesitantly. "Percy, you can take the day off."

"I don't want to, Daniel Jones."

"Don't pull out my full name, dude. I just want to help!"

I whipped around, instinctively pinning him against the wall. "Unless you can immediately get my damn kids back safely, and stop my wife and I from blaming ourselves, you can't help. Do you know how it feels, to know that your family history could get your eldest children killed?"

He nodded carefully, his collar restricting any movement other than breathing. "Okay. Can you not choke me?"

I stared at my hands and let go, letting him drop to the ground, barely staying standing. "I'm....I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You're right. I don't know how it feels. Let's just get on the road."

----------

I'm so sorry I don't really have an updating schedule!!