The Zhangs

AN: I just realized that in the Graces' chapter, I had them eat burgers! She's a vegetarian! Did y'all not notice, or assume it was tofu, or what? Eh, now it's tofu. So, sorry for the confusion guys!

Frank POV

I woke up and yelled in pain as my youngest jumped on my lap. I sat up hurriedly as she giggled and Hazel shot up. "What just happened?"

"Nothing." I moaned, crawling out of bed and picking up a giggling Marie.

I drank a cup of coffee and set about making breakfast as Courtney texted some friend of hers and Marie played outside. I decided to make conversation with my eldest. "Who're you texting?"

"Nobody." She replied, shifting her phone.

I raised an eyebrow and looked up from the pan I was washing. "Courtney, don't lie to me."

"Fine, my....friend Jake." She said, adding another word under her breath.

"What was that?" I asked. I felt a bit nosy, but I wanted to make sure my daughter was making good choices.

"My boyfriend!" She muttered.

I dropped the pan into the soapy water. "Boyfriend?"

"Y-yeah." She stuck her phone in her back pocket and backed away.

I forced my muscles to relax, knowing I was frightening my daughter. "Why didn't I know about this?"

She didn't answer me.

"Courtney!" I raised my voice slightly.

"This is why I didn't tell you! You freak out over everything!" She threw her hands in the air, yelling.

"Hey hey hey! What the Hades is going on?" Hazel ran out, hurriedly slipping slippers on.

"Courtney has a secret to tell you." I exhaled and turned to finish cooking bacon.

"What's up, Court?" Hazel asked, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Two things. One, you married a freak, and two-"

"Hey, that is not okay, Courtney." I interrupted.

She rolled her eyes. "It's true."

"Courtney Emily Zhang! Apologize to your father!" Hazel commanded, sipping her coffee.

"Fine. I'm sorry, Dad."

The apology was fake, but I didn't linger on it. "What was the other thing you wanted to tell Mom?"

"I....uh... I have a boyfriend?"

Hazel set down her coffee and stared at her daughter, then grinned and hugged her. "That's great honey!"

Courtney hesitantly hugged her back. "You're- not mad?"

"No! Of course not! I'm excited! Now we can.... oh my gods my Venus is showing. I'm not even a child of Venus."

I laughed as my phone rang. I answered it. "Hello?"

"Frank, did you see the news?" Jason's frantic voice answered.

"No, why?" I asked, a little concerned.

Hazel gave me a questioning look and mouthed, What's going on?

I shrugged at her and turned away, pressing the phone to my ear and sipping some Coke.

"Char and Bianca were kidnapped."

I dropped my cup of soda and it spilled all over the tile. "What?"

"So far they think it was random. Just a couple of kids, walking home from school, some jackass just saw the opportunity."

I sighed and put my head in my free hand, collapsing into a chair. "How are Percy and Annabeth holding up?"

"You know them. Heartbreak makes them stronger. They're just making sure that nothing happens to Luke."

"Alright. Thanks for telling me." I said, hanging up.

"What happened to Percy and Annabeth?"

"Char and Bianca were kidnapped."

Hazel jaw dropped. "What?!"

I nodded and rubbed my eyes.

Courtney bit her lip and I could tell she was holding back tears. Bianca and her had really clicked, and were more like sisters than cousins. I stood up and hugged her and Hazel tightly, kissing them both on the head. "It'll be okay."

I felt Hazel sobbing into my shoulder and I held her tighter as Courtney tore away and went outside with Marie. "They'll find them. All we need to do is protect our kids and help Percy and Annabeth."

She nodded and I sat down in the recliner, holding her.