Chapter 8

So I know in the message I broadcasted to me fans, I wrote ch.8 wouldhave a whole bunch of stuff but then it got really long so I shortened ch.8 and split it into two...

-Tina AKA. tin_can

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kicked the door of the Rabbit open and left the car in the middle of the road. "How dare you smile? Why are you back? Leave now!"

                His smile didn't falter; he just kept smiling that smile that had once stopped my heart. "Did he imprint yet?" He glanced at the car I had left idling on the road, and his smile fell slightly. Edward wasn't stupid he could see that I was driving Jakes' car and that meant we were still together. "So you're still with the dog?"

                "Yes. I am. And we are getting married. Very soon. On the rez. You're not invited. Leave Forks...hey I thought when you left you promised that it would be the last time I ever saw you."

                He ignored my question. "How is vampire life? You seem to be doing well. No deaths I presume? Whats your gift?"

                "I...I don't know yet. And no, I have not killed anyone. But I might have to change that right now."

                He laughed. And I guess he had reason enough. As much as I hated Edward for leaving me, I could never kill him. Edward slowly paced away from me, I had too much pride to call after him, and soon he was outta sight. I turned around, perhaps a bit faster than normal because the young girl sitting inside the pizza place where I was standing was staring at me with nothing less than the look someone who had just witnessed a pig flying would have. I guess I was stupid to leave the Rabbit in the middle of town but hey, I'd pick it up sometime later, right now I needed to see Jake.

                I had just reached Jakes' tiny house when I heard a loud howl. I ran faster to the backyard and almost fell to my knees when I saw what had happened. The perfectly manicured grass that had cost Billy about $25000 was torn to shreds. The 50 white chairs and 10 white tables looked as though they had never been white. But the worst of all the alter, the beautiful alter Jake had made by hand with little pink flowers painted on its detailed white surface, had been set on fire. Completely burned to the ground. Who would do this? No, it couldn't be. Yet as I turned to scan the huge forest around me, I could swear I saw the glint of two rows of perfectly white, sharp teeth smiling at me. Edward wasn't going to play fair. Let the games begin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote! SPANKS...(to sabreena, thank you very much. LOLhappy?)