The Investigation

I can't believe y'all are still here.

——🥫——

Steve squinted. It was early in the morning and the sunlight was beaming directly in his eyes. Steve sat up. His whole body was sore and cramped from the lumpy bed. Today was the day he would investigate. He was sure the bed would just have some junk under the mattress, so he decided to look under there last. He would go to his neighbors' houses and introduce himself.

——🥫——

Steve stepped outside. The neighborhood never failed to shock him. You are allowed to have your house custom-made and it seems everyone's houses were off the rails. There was a swamp, a giant magic sponge, the gates of heaven, a pineapple, and a flex seal house. Steve was in awe. It looked like something from a movie. The builders didn't quite understand Steve's request for a blocky house, and instead, made a giant cube with windows and a door.

Steve decided to go to the pineapple house first. It looked the most welcoming. There wasn't a doorbell so he knocked. First softly, then much harder. The door cracked open to reveal a short and yellow sponge.

He gasped dramatically, "Hi there! I'm Spongebob. Pleasure to meet ya neighbor!" His high-pitched giggles filled the air and he punched Steve on the arm.

"Oof." Steve shot out. "Sorry about that. That tends to happen a lot. I'm Steve. I just moved here yesterday." Steve held his hand out.

Spongebob shook Steve's hand. "That's great! Us neighbors are actually throwing a party for you today. It's at ten tonight. Please say you'll come!"

Steve considered his offer. Ten at night is awfully late for a party to start. "I'll be there. Well, I better go introduce myself to the other neighbors." Steve turned to leave.

Spongebob yanked on Steve's arm. "No! They aren't home. They're over here at my place. We are in the middle of something but your welcome to join." The sponge winked at Steve.

Steve didn't think anything of it. "Sure! I'd love too."

Spongebob opened the door fully and led Steve into his living room. Inside the room there was a tall bald man, a large green ogre, a guy with long hair, a guy wearing a flex seal shirt, and a purple dinosaur. They were all...

Playing BTS UNO??

——🥫——

Y'all really thought I would give y'all something good didn't you. Nope you will have to wait.

-ash