Special | Soulmate dictionary

You lovely people are bloody amazing!!
Thank you so much for all your support, may it be as a silent reader or as someone who votes or comments or writes me in private: 

THANK YOU! 감사합니다!

As a tiny special, I'll give you (as requested) a dictionary to the soulmate system or rather the terms I'll be using in this AU:

(If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them! I don't bite. :D)

+++

Soul-mate | the; [NOUN] (coll.: mate, piece, bonded, fated)
Also known as soul pieces, soul bonded or soul fated. Created at birth, soulmates are pieces of a soul circle. The magick of one soulmate recognises the magick of another soulmate. Mages being soulmates with mages is the norm; there have been records of humans and mages being soul bound, though that is a very rare occurrence.

Soul-mate pull | the; [NOUN] (coll.: pull, call)
Once within proximity the magick of soulmates recognises each other. Different levels of the pull have been reported varying from nothing but a strange feeling of comfort or safety that can be easily brushed aside to a firework the moment they're in close proximity or soul sickness.

Soul sick-ness | the; [NOUN]
Possible side-effect of the soulmate pull, soul bond rejection (temporary) and intentional incompletion of a soul circle.
If the soulmate pull isn't settled by either bonding or rejecting soul sickness can occur in rare cases.
If the soul circle isn't completed by either bonding or rejecting despite all soulmates being alive and in close proximity soul sickness can occur very commonly.
The symptoms can include but are not limited to: nausea, sore muscles, headaches, loss of taste, fatigue, fainting.

Soul bond | the; [NOUN] (coll.: bond)
Connection formed by magick between two individuals after bonding. Soul bonds are most common but not limited to soulmate bonds and coven bonds.
It allows soul bonded to feel each others' emotions and magick. Rare cases of pain mirroring or a telepathic connection have been reported but lack scientific research.

Soul cir-cle | the; [NOUN] (coll.: circle, bonded, fated)
A cluster of individuals that are soulmates to each other.
The number of pieces in a soul circle is not known until completing the soul circle.
Not completing a soul circle although all soulmates are alive can lead to soul sickness.
Completion of a soul circle has been described with but is not limited to the following: feelings of elation, hyperventilation, rapid heart beat, fainting, feelings of comfort, hightened lust, drug like joy.

Soul bond re-jec-tion | the; [NOUN] (coll.: rejection, cold turkey, The Cut)
A soulmate can be rejected by another soulmate via soul bond rejection. This needs a clear verbal rejection in the presence of both soulmates and clear magickal intent by the rejecting party.
Though never reported it is theoretically possible for one soulmate within a soul circle to be bonded with some soul pieces of the soul circle and rejected by other soul pieces of the same soul circle.
Soul bond rejection causes temporary soul sickness before the break of the souls is settled.

Soul bond-ing | the; [NOUN] (coll.: bonding, rarely: mating)
A soulmate can be bound to another soulmate via soul bonding. A full soul bonding is achieved through different stages.
Stage one: skin on skin contact; initiates a bond that can still be broken by a soul bond rejection. Includes: easier feel of magick.
Stage two: moment of trust; bond can't be broken by a soul bond rejection. Includes: sharing of magick, sharing of hightened emotions, in rare cases: pain mirroring.
Stage three: soul bond ceremony; bond is finalised. Includes: sharing of all emotions, in rare cases: pain mirroring and/or telepathic connections.

Soul bond ce-re-mo-ny | the; [NOUN] (coll. ceremony, magick marriage)
Final act of soul bonding.
Entire (known and/or not rejected) soul circle has to be present. At least two council members have to be present. A soul bond ceremony has to include a magick pact being clearly spoken by the bonding individuals with clear magickal intent.
A soul bond ceremony can but does not need to include: guests, food, dance, music, breaking of glass, creating of magick gems, crystal reading, intercourse (usually after ceremony in the the coven home), speeches, alcohol, magick showcases.

Soul bound | to be [VERB] (coll.: to be bound to)
Term for having a stage one, stage two or stage three soul bonding. Also used loosely for any reference to soulmates. It acknowledges the existence of an individual's soulmate.

Pain mir-ror-ing | the; [NOUN]
Rarely occurs after stage two or stage three soul bonding. Any pain or injury inflicted on a soulmate with pain mirroring are mirrored on one or multiple soulmates of at least stage two soul bonding.