Chapter 1: It Begins

Parker

"Your first motive will be-," It seemed as if the sentence took hours to finish, well, to Parker at least. The demigirl waited, until the answer came. "You will not be allowed to sleep until a murder occurs! If you fall asleep in your sleeping quarters, a device planted somewhere in your room will blow up, killing you! Better be quick or your friends will be more likely to fall asleep by the day!" The bear laughed, just as hysterical as before.

Parker felt anxiety crawling up, but chose to place their hand on Cody's shoulder. They both could make it out together, Parker liked that ending. "Don't worry Cody! Parakeet thinks that we can make it through this!" She chirped, somehow, an enthusiastic tone still was present in her voice. Even if Parker was anxious deep down.

"Y-yeah! You're right, we can make it out-!" Cody whispered back, a smile restored on his face. Parker smiled right back, handing the bell to the brunette to help calm him down.

"Is the reality of this situation finally setting in? I'll leave you all here to ponder, have fun murdering!" Monosaw said, his voice ringing in the air. "Now wait a fucking moment-," Helio tried to interject, but it was too late, the bear was gone. This seemed to anger Helio, despite being a minor inconvenience. "So, about the Great Chicago Fire-," The vampire said, catching the red head's attention. Luckily, this seemed to distract Helio from whatever fit of anger the genderfluid had found themselves in.

Parker could've swore a literal lightbulb had appeared about her head, well- they did steal a lightbulb when they were younger because it was shiny, maybe that was that lightbulb! "Parakeet has an amazing idea! It'll help everyone stay awake!" The demigirl exclaimed, catching Cody's attention. "What if we threw a huge party in a few days at the mall! Lailai could help bake and we could get a few others to help set up the party!" The enby could've swore that Parker was the smartest person they had met. "You're a genius, Parakeet!"

* * *

How did the two goofballs spend two hours staring at a bell? Parker would never know. Looking up at Cody, the demigirl with the nickname of a bird swore they felt another lightbulb. "Wanna go collect rocks? I have a bag to carry them," The red head asked, which, the enby across from them seemed to adore the idea. "That sounds fun! Let's do it," Cody said back, as the two stood. Putting the bell in Parker's bag, they walked towards the exit.

"So let me try to figure out who helps with what! Lailai will help with baking- Oh! Emmy could help with decorations! They're the ultimate artiat, right?" Cody suggested, sparkles basically masking his eyes. The red head liked this idea, and nodded in a very much hyper manner. "Ooooo!! I like that!! We could get Kiwi and Silent as well- they could help us clear out an area!" The demigirl chirped, as they kneeled down next to the rocks.

The enby smiled, "Yeah!" Parker felt oddly calm, for how she felt when Monosaw had made their announcement, she was relaxed. Even cheerful, Cody really was an amazing bestie! Parker no longer had room in their pockets, why? They had taken at least 7 spoons from the kitchen, and maybe a second bell as well. The red head set the second bell on her friends head, eliciting a giggle from them. The brunette grabbed the shiny object, before looking over at Parker.

"Parakeet wants you to have one as well! You're a pog bestie!" She exclaimed, resuming the repeatwd action of picking up rocks. The brown haired enby smiled, the red head could see from the corner of their eye. A pair of arms wrapped around her, as the demigirl hugged back with little to no hesitation. "Yeah! You're also a pog best friend!" Parker couldn't help but smile like a fucking idiot.

The two ended the hug after a few seconds, oh, did Parker mention that they hadn't even know each other for a week? The two were no doubt speed running friendship. The red head's eyes lit up, looking at the rock they had found. It was clear, but sun reflected off of it, quickly setting the rock in the bag.

"Hey, Parker? I think we may need a new bag," Cody said, laughing. Laughing with, Parakeet picked up the bag, pulling it over their shoulders and onto their back. "Yeah, probably," the demigirl said laughing at themself. "The bag looks heavy, I can help you! I'd be sad if you fell and had a rocky landing" The brunette joked, laughing at their own joke. Parker laughed along, and nodded. Slipping the bag back off of their back, and letting Cody take one of the strings that tightened and closed the top.

The pair of friends walked toward the sleeping quarters, Cody has managed to convince Parker to keep the rocks in their room. They would probably spend the rest of the day there, after all, they weren't allowed to sleep. The thought made the demigirl sad, but hey, they would have each other!

"Ok! So, tomorrow we'll get Lailai and the others to help out with setting things up! Parakeet will get Lailai, and the ones who'll help clean out the area, and you'll get the people who'll help with Decorations!" Parakeet explained, opening the door to their room. "Pog," the brunette gave a sinple response. The pair entered the room, outside, the sun was beginning to set. Both set the bag down next to the closet.

* * *

The sun had set completely, and the two had settled in. It was kinda like a sleep over, minus the sleep- that was besides the point. It looked late, the stars were completely visible, and Parker seemed to be beginning to fall sleep. Cody was spaced out, not focused on anything in particular. The red head's eyelids felt heavy, however. A particularly loud knock on the door woke her up more. Cody also seemed to snap out of whatever trance he was in. Parker stood up, and opened the door. "What are you doing here, -"