Chapter Eight

"Alex...Alex", she jumped in fright and kicked whoever tried to touch her.
"Ouch..", she rubbed her eyes to see she had hit Kaden. She gasped in shock, " I'm so sorry Kaden, I'm so sorry", she mumbled as he gently held her hands to calm her.
"It's alright. I didn't mean to scare you", he said softly as she inhaled deeply before releasing.
She sat on the edge of the bed and looked around to see she was in a bedroom, the walls were a shade of dark blue. No photos. Just plain.

"This is my room", he said gaining her attention. She looked at him with furrowed eyes. He must have sensed her confusion, " you fell asleep on the ride back home. I didn't want to wake you. Do you remember me telling you, you'd be sleeping in my room", he said gently as she gave a slow nod.

"Sorry", she mumbled as he sat beside her. She let her hair drop in front of her face. Kaden frowned moving the hair from her face, "your doing it again. Don't hide your beautiful face from me", he said as Alex smiled leaning her head on his shoulder.
He wrapped an arm around her shoulder as she hummed in content.

Alex stood up and looked around, she went to his dresser and saw a photo of Kaden and a woman. She picked up the photo but gasped when Kaden took it and put it in the dresser. She turned to see he had mixed look of anger and sadness.
"I'm sorry", she said softly before rushing off.

"No, wait Alex", Kaden called for her but she kept walking. She looked around and grunted when she bumped into Tyler.

"Ty...Tyler", she stuttered as he hugged her gently
"What's up girl", he said noticing her tenseness.

"Kaden", she whispered softly as a tear escaped, " he was angry", she says as Tyler shook his head.
"I'll kill him", he said but Alex pulled away wiping her tears.
"It's okay Ty", she said as he led her down the stairs and into the kitchen. The house was lovely. Alex sat at the counter. She had no idea that picture was gonna make him so angry. She sat at the table as Tyler scrambled up breakfast.

Alex just stared at the table sadness just clouded her whole self.

"Hey it's alright", Tyler spoke up, "I'm sure he didn't mean it", he said passing a cup of juice.
Alex shrugged,
"It's okay", she mumbled taking a sip.

Alex could hear heavy footsteps and knew it was Kaden. She felt him behind her but made no move to suggest she knew he was there.

Kaden sighed taking a seat at the table with Tyler glaring at him,
"You got something to say, say it", Kaden hissed but frowned when Alex stood up and left the kitchen.

Tyler scoffed,
"That's my problem. The photo, how the hell was she suppose to know about it. She's just only now living here dumbass. You'd think to tell her some things first", he argued placing the plate on the side.

Kaden glared,
"I didn't mean to get mad at her stupid. When she picked it up I just felt mad. But it wasn't at her", he said rubbing his face.
Tyler clicked his tongue,
"And look what that did", he said walking off.

Kaden sighed looking to the plate food and picked it up knowing it was for Alex and went back to his room. He perked inside to see Alex sitting on the bed hugging the pillow to herself.
"Hey", he softly said walking in. She looked up at him with a few tears falling down her face,

"Ohh...no... don't cry. Shit I'm sorry", Kaden placed the food on the small table and climbed in the bed pulling Alex into him.
"I'm sorry, I wasn't mad at you babe. I was mad at the photo", he said rubbing her arm,
" I know that doesn't excuse me being mad. But I promise it wasn't towards you", he softly says.

Alex wiped her cheek,
"Who was the lady?", she asked softly.

Kaden sighed,
"My mom. But she uh, didn't care about me and my sister and left with some guy", he said as Alex turned to look at him.

"My mom always said that she regretted having kids", Kaden stated. Alex frowned,
"I'm sorry", she said.

Kaden smiled,
"Nah, it's okay. Don't say sorry, it's not your fault", he said kissing her cheek.
Alex laid down on the pillow as Kaden laid next to her pulling her into his side.
Alex closed her eyes falling back asleep,

"You don't wanna eat?", he asked softly.

Alex mumbled quietly in which he chuckled tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Good?", he looked up to see Tyler in the doorway.
Kaden nodded,
"Yeah. She's not going school today, so minus well get her school work", he said sitting up.
Tyler nodded,
"Yeah. Besides those two friends of hers KC and the boyfriend will want to visit her. Just a heads up", he said walking away.

Kaden looked down at Alex covering her with his blanket,
"I'll be back in a bit", he whispered kissing her cheek. Alex moved slightly but didn't indicate she was waking up. Kaden smiled before leaving the room.

TO BE CONTINUED......

To my fellow readers this is just a small update on the next chapter. Will be continuing it as soon as I can!
Thank you💕💕💕🤫💕💕💕💕