Chapter One

"And your class will be down the hall to your left miss Andrews" the receptionist lady at the front desk says.

I hid myself deep in my hoody and murmured a quiet thanks hiding the scar from my forehead down the right side of my face to the cheekbone.

I walked off fast in the direction that weird sweet desk receptionist pointed to and bumped straight into a locker and saw a girl snicker," Watch where your going dumbass", and she left with her group.

I took a deep breath and don't know how long I've been holding it in when I reached the classroom only to exhale and the trembles started. Gathering up the strength I had left, I made my way into the classroom, holding my hoody to my face as best as I can to hide my hideous scar. All eyes were on me and I didn't like that very much.

My first period teacher looked at me as I hid my face," Oh my hello dear, may I help you?".

My heart hammered so fast an hard against my chest I thought I would have a heart attack. I looked around for a perfect unoccupied seat an noticed one in the far back of the classroom, close to the window. Outside view is just something I need to not be paid attention to.

I diverted my gaze back to the teacher when she cleared her throat. I didn't look away until she asked again who I was?

"I'm Alex ma'am", I said in a whisper but knew she heard me when her smile brightened up.

" Oh dear, of course, your our new student, was expecting you, and I was told about your incident and hun if you ever feel the need to leave and get some air, please let me know... so I can help you as best as I can..okay", she said so sweetly while holding her hand out

Ms.Reynolds must have realized what she did, and cleared her throat and pointed to the seat I noticed when I got in. I know what you think its a terrible way to start the day off at anew school by not shaking hands or being in contact with someone, but I'm sorry I don't like peoples touch. Not since.....well I get it you know where I'm going!

I made my way to my seat and sat down looking at the view, how the trees sway with the wind, how the birds chirp to talk. I was captured out of my thoughts when I felt someone tap me.

"Hey....new girl.....no wait, Alex, yes....that's your name....of course that's your name, hey?" a girls voice giggled beside me an noticed a brunette trying to catch my attention.

I hid my head more in my hoody but noticed Ms. Reynolds trying to catch my attention also,"huh" was all I could muster up. I trembled and flinched.

"I'm sorry Alex, but there's no wearing hats or hoodies, can you kindly take it off please?" she asked the most scariest question I had hoped to not be questioned. Why are they doing this to me, can't they see I'm hurt and don't want them to see my hideous face.

I didn't want to take it off but knew I had to if I didn't want to get into trouble. So I took it off, hearing a lot of gasps and 'oh my gods'. I noticed the sympathy looks I've been getting from some students and the teacher. I instantly put my head down not wanting to see the look of disgust on their face, so I hid my face with my hair.