Chapter Seven

Alex was very weary about leaving the hospital, she knows its only been a week but with everything that had happened she just knew the whispers about her would grow just as the talks of her scar was like the first topic of the school.

Alex sighed letting her feelings get hold of her emotions.

" Stop" that voice she knew all too well said

Alex looked to see Kaden leaning in the doorway of her hospital room, he gave a small smile," don't do that, I can see the million thoughts running through that brain of yours right now. I don't want you to think about that and accidentally have another anxiety attack", he softly says walking up to her. Alex wraps her arms around his waist squeezing," I'm sorry," she looked up at him staring intently at his eyes.

" we met only a week ago and I never would have known what peace felt like if it wasn't for you or Tyler", she smiled up at him.

Kaden smirked," I wouldn't have given up no matter how much you would try to get away from me", he leaned down gently placing a kiss on her forehead. Alex felt her insides warm at how affectionate Kaden was and is. She just hopes that this is a way of God blessing her with a new life to start anew with a whole new family that cares for her.

"Are you ready to get out of here and come home?" Alex smiled as Tyler popped in with a big dorky smile upon his face. Alex smiled with a nod," I'm ready", she says as Kaden kept an arm wrapped around her waist and one arm that held a duffel bag with all the gifts she got from Tyler, Jayce and KC.

"lets get out of this smelly place", Tyler shrieks like a girl as they hopped in the elevator. Alex had a small smile on her face, but frowned as soon as the elevator door opened. Kaden stopped when he felt she didn't move with him. He furrowed his eyebrows," what's wrong?", he said squeezing her waist gently.

Alex shook her head," I'm sorry, I just have these little jittery feelings in my tummy", she says looking at Kaden but blushed when her stomach rumbled. Both boys gave out warm chuckles," Your hungry" they stated with a smile.

Alex felt embarrassed she hated the hospital food an was forced by the nurse to eat it. Lets say that nurse was scared out of her wits when Kaden walked in to see her tryna force her to eat it. To her it was funny but she was relieved she didn't have to eat any of that mush.

"lets get some food in that tummy monster before it scares people", Tyler laughed as Alex blushed to which Kaden hid her face in her side as they got out of the elevator and into Tyler's car.

She inhaled and exhaled slowly feeling happy. She could see the boys would turn to look at her but she kept her gaze out at the scenery since she wasn't able to see anything except her room walls.

"Alex", a nudge on her knee brought her out of that small daydream," huh?" she looked confused until she saw they had parked at a diner. She shook her head," I'm sorry, I just got lost in thought", she smiled as she got out with the help of Kaden. Alex felt self conscious trying to put her hoody over her head but Kaden frowned stopping her

" Don't do that", Kaden took off her hoody tucking her hair behind her ear," don't hide that beautiful face from me. I won't let anybody put you down cause you are one gorgeous girl. With these scars just prove you are a survivor baby, don't let anybody take that from you", Kaden soothed her and wiped a stray tear that fell from her eye.

" Thank you Kaden", she smiled as he leaned down gently capturing her lips with his. She pushed forward deepening it a bit and blushed when she got a soft groan from him. He pulled away breathing heavily.

" Well, well, if your both done with that heated make out session, lets get some food, your gonna starve the poor girl", Tyler smirked when Kaden glared at him but smiled when Alex laughed just as her tummy rumbled.

Alex shook her head walking ahead of Kaden who still held that cheeky smile on his face," don't be hating on me Ty", Kaden grumbled as they got in the diner and found a table at the back corner side. Alex hopped in first loving the window view as Kaden sat beside her and Tyler sat across from her.

"What can I start you all off with?" the diner waiter had asked

Kaden wrapped an arm around Alex who softly spoke

" Can I have lemonade please?" her voice was still raspy not having drank any water before they left the hospital.

The waiter writes down what she asked for, then look towards Kaden and Kyle who were looking at the menu.

" We'll both take coke, no ice", Tyler said as the waiter gave a nod and walked away.

Alex leaned her head on Kaden's shoulder as a small yet soft yawn escaped past her lips. Kaden smiled kissing her temple," as soon as we are done eating, we can go home and sleep", Kaden rubbed her shoulders softly," my aunty stopped by the house an got some of the clothes I had asked her to go out and buy for you", Kaden said playing with a strand of her hair.

Alex gave a small smile," you really didn't have to do that", she said as he shook his head," I meant it when I said I would take care of you", Kaden said as the waiter came back with their drinks.
" Are you folks ready to order?" the waiter asked

Tyler nodded," We'll take the burger specials, is that okay for you Alex?" he asked gently just as the waiter got a good look at her face

"whoa who did that to your face?" the waiter gave a slight chuckle and within a second Kaden had the waiter pinned down on another table.

He seethed in the waiters face," you wanna say that again?" he stared the waiter straight in the eye. Tyler stood beside him looking pissed as well until the owner of the diner came over to see what was going on

" May I ask what the problem is?" the owner had a confused yet scared expression on his face.

Kaden shoved the worker to the ground an got in the owners face," you should teach your waiters the meaning of the word respect. This useless shit had the balls to disrespect my girlfriend", he said glaring down at the waiter. The owner looked behind Kaden to Alex who gave a sad look and only then did the owner realize what Kaden meant. He had seen her scars and he felt remorse for her.

" I deeply apologize for my staffs disrespect to you and your family. I will personally deal with this matter and give you a new waiter", the owner looked to Kaden who still glared.

Alex got out of the booth an gently squeezed Kaden's hand," its okay Kaden, I'm really sorry sir", Alex tells the owner who gives her a gentle smile," no I sincerely apologize, food is on the house", he said as Kaden calmed a little bit. Tyler scoffed but Alex put her hand over his mouth before he could say something bad," that's very kind of you sir but we will decline that offer as long as I get extra fries", she sheepishly says as her tummy rumbled. The owners eyes went wide and hurriedly shouted to his chef to do their order an extra fries.

Kaden and Tyler stared at her with amused faces as she sat back down in the booth," nice bribe their baby girl", Tyler smirked as Kaden chuckled taking a sip of his coke. Alex smiled," sorry no free food but extra fries sounded really good", she said taking a sip of her lemonade giving a soft moan as it tasted so good.

Kaden squeezed her shoulder gently as they conversed into conversation about school, and other stuff that Alex was paying no mind to. The owner came over with there order and Alex dug in quickly thanking the owner who smiled at her. She was overstuffed with how fast she ate that both boys scolded her gently that now she gave herself a tummy ache.

As they finished there meal Kaden helped a sleepy Alex out of the booth as Tyler went to pay.

" Come on sleepy head", Kaden chuckled as she lazily looked up at him before he scooped her up in his arms and smiled when she snuggled in his chest," thank you for dinner Kaden", she slurred as she tried to stay awake.

He kissed her head," anything for you baby", he softly said as he laid her in the backseat of the car. He looked back to see Tyler jog over," we good?", he asked as Kaden gave him a nod before getting in.

" Lets take her home", Kaden softly says as Tyler started the car and drove off. Both boys just hoped that Alex would feel comfortable and take all the time she needs so that they could help her heal and mend this beautiful soul back together.