1. Rain

It's a fanfiction. I'm 100% sure Fairy Tail and it's characters definitely don't belong to me.

*******

Juvia Lockser

It's raining heavily .
The pink umbrella that I hold above me proves to be rather useless as rain droplets, accompanied by wind continue to wet my clothes and boots.
It's quite unusual to rain so heavily in Magnolia,but I'm not complaining.
I've always loved the rain .
Juvia is rain.
It's a part of me.

Even though I try not to , my thoughts wander back to a certain raven haired ice wizard,Gray,my love.
I continue walking towards the guild hall , excited to meet him after one whole week because he was away for a job.

Once I reach the guild hall,I find it a little less crowded than usual. Without even realising it,I look towards the table where Gray-sama usually sits with Natsu.
It's become a habit for me to always look for Gray-sama before doing anything else.

" Good morning Juvia!" I hear Mira greet me as I seat my self on a bar stool,close to where she was standing.

" Good morning Mira! "

" Anything you would like to have?" She asks warmly .

" I already had my breakfast Mira."

" Al-" Mira's voice by cut by Levy and Erza greeting us and joining us for a conversation.

I took another look of the guild hall quickly, looking for Gray but he hadn't entered the hall yet.

" Erza,how was your mission?" I ask , hoping to know if Gray and the others were alright since the four had ventured on the mission together.

" It wasn't anything difficult. Beating up a group of untrained bandits doesn't require much magic or skills." Levy,Mira and I listened to her attentively.

I was glad Gray hadn't been injured and felt the same for Natsu,Lucy and Erza as well.

15 minutes later,I didn't really catch up how but the topic of the conversation had become new armour designs and shields,some of which Erza wanted to acquire. I really wanted to be involved in the conversation but couldn't really do it since my thoughts kept on drifting back to Gray.

When I heard the sounds of a brawl became audible,I quickly turned my gaze towards it,hoping to find Gray in it but it turned out be Jet,Droy and Elfman having a violent argument.

" Juvia,if you're looking for Gray then I should tell you that I saw him in the Magnolia park on my way." Levy says and winks at me just she ends her sentence.

I could only imagine how red my face would've been at the mention of his name . The other girls just giggle looking at my reaction.
Was I that obvious?
Not that I hid my feelings for Gray from anyone,but this time I was honestly trying not show it. I didn't want the girls to feel that I wasn't interested in their conversation,But apparently that's exactly what I ended up doing.

Although I desperately wanted to meet Gray,I still wasn't sure about leaving in the middle of our conversation.
To my favour, Erza brought out a small pouch and handed it to me saying, " I had almost forgotten about it. This is Gray's share of the reward from our last job. Since you're going to meet him anyway , please give it to him."

Without having to say much,I wave the girls a quick goodbye and walked out of the guild , carrying the pouch full of jewels with me.

******
The rain becomes even more fierce when I reach the Magnolia park,but I hold onto my umbrella firmly, just for the sake of it.

I was beginning to doubt if I would find Gray here given the horrible weather conditions when I finally spot him sitting on a bench all alone. His eyes were closed and his head was leaned a little backwards allowing rain drops to hit his face freely.
His shirt, which surprisingly hadn't been discarded yet was soaked in rain water and was sticking to his body like second skin. His dark hair,wet as well,clung to his face.
Even so my Gray manages to look absolutely dashing.

He doesn't bother to open his eyes as I sit next to him on the bench , perplexed by seeing him like this.
" Gray darling ?" I say a little louder than usual to be able to be heard in the heavy downpour.
He opens his eyes and looks at me , not bothering to reply.
" Is something wrong?"
No reply.
"Why are you sitting here all alone in the rain?" I continue.

" Stop stalking me . " He finally tears his gaze away from me and looks at the ground .

Out of every possible thing he could have said,I wasn't quite expecting to hear this. Gray had just recently started being a tiny bit more affectionate and this had strengthened my hope of finally winning his heart. So his words caught me off gaurd.
Maybe I had just been imagining things?

" But darling, Juvia wa-" my sentence is interrupted by Gray.
" Juvia, you just can't keep following me everywhere and everytime. It's creepy and annoying. "
He lifts his gaze from the ground and fixes it on me again." Juvia ,you are the reason I'm sitting out here,in the rain. I didn't go to the guild just to avoid meeting you and the others . I need some time,some space but thanks to you I can't get it in my own damn home because you'll show up knocking at my door anyways."

My mind is blank and filled with millions of thoughts at the same time. I can't think of anything . I am frozen.
All that makes sense to me is the fact that my love is in a thunderstorm , all alone just because of me .

" And it doesn't end here. You cling to me all the time,no matter what I'm doing. Then you bring me cakes and cookies with my face on it , pester me to go on jobs with you and what not. Do you even think about my wish? Do I even want anything of such sort? " He stops. He finally stops his verbal onslaught and walks away from me.

The umbrella that I was unconsciously gripping onto so tightly just moments ago is no longer in my hands . The little cover it provided me against the rain gone with it.

The shock of Gray's words finally begins to leave me as a new sensation of hurt , agony and fear fills me .
I suddenly find it hard to breathe as a piercing pain erupts in my chest, too much for me to bear.
What hurts me the most is not his words but his tone. He wasn't screaming, he wasn't yelling, he wasn't lashing out. He simply said those words to me , with so much emotion , like he actually meant it.

Does he hate Juvia now?
Ofcourse he does.
Afterall Juvia has been selfish to him.
Juvia is the reason he couldn't find peace at his own home.

My eyes well up with tears as I watch his retreating figure walk away from me farther and farther.
As soon as his figure is out of sight , all that I'm left with is the rain .

Rain doesn't disappoint.
Rain doesn't abandon me.
Rain is a part of Juvia.
Juvia is rain.

The very next moment I find myself sobbing violently in the rain , my rain , with tears streaming down my face along with rain droplets.

The rain doesn't feel cold and the strong winds don't feel harsh anymore , all that I feel is an overwhelming , soul- crushing pain .
Is this heartbreak?