10. Feels

Gray Fullbuster

Why?

" Why didn't your spell work?"

The only reply that I get from her is her soft sobbing.
I unfreeze her feet and make her face me. Her tear filled eyes, her sorrow and sobs make my heart break into pieces.

The very next moment , I wrap my arms around her and envelope her in a hug .
She doesn't retract or return my actions. But I'm not complaining . I'm grateful that she's atleast letting me do so.

Her face is against my chest , her tears wetting my shirt . We stay like that for what feels like hours.

When Juvia finally stops crying , I unwillingly break our hug. She looks at me with a confused look wondering why I did that.

I hold her hands in mine , afraid that she might run away again.
" Why didn't your magic work?"

She quickly looks away , but remains silent while I patiently wait for an answer.
When she sees me , looking at her expectantly, she finally answers.
" Juvia got her magic restrained by an old mage in the Kolar village. Please don't tell it to anyone at the guild."

" I won't, but why would you do that Juvia?"

" Juvia didn't want it to rain when she cries. She didn't want to bother anyone."

" And why were you crying ?" My voice cracks as I ask her , afraid that I already know the answer , which makes my chest ache horribly.

Just how can I hurt her?
She gave up her magic , put herself in risk for me.

She pauses, probably pondering if she should say any further or not.

" Please be honest . Don't lie to me."

" It's because Gray doesn't love Juvia. Juvia is a burden , an annoying stalker to him . Juvia doesn't want Gray to hurt her. Everyth-"

I can't take this anymore. I place my palm over her mouth to stop her from speaking. " Ssh...Don't speak any further."

Is this how I made her feel?
How could I be so cruel to her.
I made the girl I love feel like a burden.

Now it's me who has tears in my eyes. It's never been easy for me to show my feelings , but I'll do anything to get Juvia back. I lower down my head , unable to look at the pain she holds in her eyes and also to hide my own tears.

" I don't hate you Juvia. I can never hate you. I'm sorry that I've always been a jerk to you. I'm sorry that I made you feel this way. I'm sorry that I'm a coward. "

My mind is asking me to run away . It's so overwhelming for me talk about me , about what I really feel. I don't how could Juvia do it so freely.

" I was scared of your love for me. I was scared that just the moment when I'll love you, accept my feelings for you , you'll leave me , just like every other person in my life. I'm scared to lose you Juvia. "

I finally raise my head to meet her eyes. She's looking at me with her eyes wide , moistened with fresh tears .

" But I don't want to live in this fear anymore. I'm ready to face it . I promise to be everything you want Juvia. I promise to make you smile everyday and shower you with the love that you deserve. I'll always protect you . I promise I'll always stay with you. I won't ever lose you.
I love you Juvia .
I 've always loved you. "

Juvia Lockser

".... I love you Juvia .
I've always loved you."

My heart skips a beat, my brain stops functioning.

Gray loves Juvia.
He said it.

I'm unable form words , or react to his confession .

In front of me is the love of my life , saying the words I've always wanted to hear with his voice hoarse and tears running down his face.
That's not how I imagined it to happen . He isn't holding a bunch of flowers , we aren't at the riverside , there's no audience to cheer for us.

But even in this lonely street , with no light except that of the moon , its is so much better.
His words don't sound like some cliche movie dialogue . They are his own feelings and there's so much raw emotion. He looks so sure yet conflicted of his own self.

Hearing no reply for him must've disheartened him. " It's okay, I understand if you don't want to be with me after how I treated you. I won't blame you. It's okay if you don't love me now. But I know I will regret it later if I don't tell you how much I love you . But you don't need to love me back .I don't even deserve - "

It's my turn to shut him up .
Does he think Juvia will let go of him so easily?,
Stupid man .
Doesn't he know that Juvia can see how much effort and courage it took him to just lay his heart bare to me.

In one quick movement , I press my lips against his. He immediately kisses me back, wrapping his one hand around my waist and the other cupping my face.
Inspite of all the passion and desperation , our kiss was was slow and soft, both of us savouring each and every moment.

" Juvia tried hard to forget you , to hate you, but couldn't . Juvia couldn't stop herself from loving you. Ju- I love you Gray." I say when we finally stop kissing.

" You've made me the happiest man in the world. Thankyou for not giving up on me." He says before kissing me once again.

________________________________
_________________

THE END