9. Magic and Dreams

Juvia Lockser

" Yes , ofcourse" Levy says , tears rolling down her cheeks and big smile plastered on her face.
Gajeel wraps his hand around her waist and they share a sweet kiss as everyone else keeps on clapping and cheering the couple.

Gajeel was nervous for absolutely nothing. He was worried that Levy might think it was all too soon and he'll ruin all that they had.
Such a fool! How could he even think that? Why would Levy reject all his love and care?

I smile at couple in front of me. They're so much in love .

Will Gray ever love Juvia like that?
No... never. Why would he?

My active imagination makes me see Gray, dressed up handsomely , holding my hand and asking me to marry him .

No. He doesn't love you.
You're a burden. He made it clear. He doesn't want you .
You'll never have such happy moments . Never.

There I go again, my own imagination and thoughts hurting me.

No Juvia , you can't cry now.

All the guild members around me are either congratulating Gajeel and Levy or are indulging themselves in merry making. But I don't see Gray. Where could he be?

No, don't think about him .

All of them look so cheerful and here I am , ready to cry once again. Good thing , I had gotten my magic restrained or else it would've ruined Gajeel's proposal.

Since everyone was busy chatting, drinking and gulping down food, I quietly slip away from the crowds, making my way out of the place.

Juvia is such a horrible person.
Drowning in her miseries and ignoring her brother's happiness.

Could I be anymore selfish ?
And then I expect people to love me.
I'm a fool.

Tears make my vision blurry as I find myself running towards nowhere in particular.

" Juvia " I here a man's voice.
For a moment , I'm shocked. It's the man I love, the man who wants nothing to do with me.

Was he here all along ?
Did he see me running out?

" Juvia " He calls again, asking me to stop, but I don't . I continue running away , until my suddenly frozen feet and a firm grip on my right wrist stops me.

" Juvia , just hear me out once ."
I don't care what he has to say.
My eyes are probably red and my face is tear stained. I can't let Gray see me like this. I can't let this happen . Never! I have only one option. In a rather panicked state," Water -body" , I whisper- scream.

A big mistake.

Gray Fullbuster

Gajeel and Levy kiss each other , while the rest of the guild applauds, me included. But I'm not exactly standing with the rest of the guild. I'm standing more towards the end , where only a few people could see me but I could see everyone and everything .

The couple in front of me looks so much in love and they'll be perfect for each other.

Just like Juvia is perfect for me.

Yes . Damn right! She's perfect in every sense. I would've have continued staring at her, looking ethereal in the soft lighting , if I hadn't been distracted by the loud cheers of my guild mates when Levy said a 'yes'.

I return my gaze back to Juvia. She's still staring at the couple, smiling , but the look on her face is as if she's lost in thoughts. The pained look in her eyes and her heavy breathing doesn't go unnoticed by me and I realise what she's thinking about. She's thinking about how I cruelly ruined every possibility of us being like this.
I would be lying if I said I didn't feel my heart aching seeing her like this, pretending to be okay when she's not. And it's all because of me.

She looks around , noticing the guild members before rushing towars the exit .

Where is she going?

I follow her blindly and once we're quite a distance away from the guild members , I call her name.

She freezes for a moment ,but continues running just a second after that.

I'm the last person she would like to talk to. Heck! She wouldn't even want to see my face.

" Juvia " I say again , but she doesn't stop.

I can't let her go.
I have already done that before , only to suffer. I'm not letting her go this time.

So I use my ice magic to freeze her feet and grab her wrist firmly.
She doesn't look at me and struggles to free her hand from my grip.

" Water -body! " Her voice is loud and I'm surprised. I didn't expect her to use magic , magic that'll make it easy for her to escape.

But her body doesn't turn into water, her spell doesn't work.

Why?