NINE

It's been a week since the incident, and I swear it affected Lisa more than myself. At first, I tried to talk to her, but every time I would, she would give me a one-word reply or just ignore me. After the first couple days, I didn't bother trying. She closed off, and I won't do anything until she opens up again.

She's always in her office or at work. I rarely see her. When I cook for her, she takes the plate and leaves to her office.

It's safe to say I'm bored. I have done everything possible in this mansion: read, swam, worked out, you name it. It was okay before since at least I could talk to someone, but now, I can't.

I was also getting frustrated with not being able to go outside. I haven't been out since she took me to the Garden, and I'm dying to go out again.

So now, I'm sneaking out. It was around one o'clock in morning. It wasn't the best time to go out since it's night and Seoul isn't the safest place at night, but it's the only time I can sneak out. During the day, she's gone, but the guards are everywhere. During thenight, they're still here, but they're dozed off, so it's easier to sneak out.

As soon as I made it out of the house, I ran for the fence. I easily climbed over and got onto the other side with all the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

I was lucky that her house was only about half a mile outside of Seoul so I easily made my way into the city.

I spent about an hour walking to Central Park. It was probably a really stupid idea to go into Central Park at 2:30 am, but I didn't care. I felt happy. I felt free-like all my problems disappeared.

I took a deep breath, enjoying the coolness of the air. Central Park was beautiful: the hum of wind rustling through the leaves, the clear night sky, the city lights peaking through the scenery.

About half way though my walk, it started snowing. I smiled as I watched the flakes fall from the sky and land on the ground, some melting almost immediately. About 15 minutes later, the snow had really picked up. but Ididn't care; I loved it. About an inch or two covered the ground, and I had to have some fun.

I made some snowballs and threw them at some trees. I made a snowman and a snow angel. I smiled at the fun you can have in the snow. In the back of my mind, though, I was wishing a certain someone was here to enjoy it with me.

I saw a playground in the distance. My eyes zeroed in on the swings. When I was a child, the swings were my favorite.

I ran to them and brushed off the snow from the seat. Swinging made me feel so free, so child-like. The wind blew through my hair, and my eyes enjoyed the view of the city lights. I felt the magnificent aura of South Korea again, and I'm scared to leave it. It's something I could never live without, and I'm scared she would keep me in that house forever.

I probably should go back now. I checked my watch. 4:30. Crap! I should get back if I hope to get any sleep.

It took about an hour to get back. I quietly opened the door, which I left unlocked. I took off my shoes and coatso the snow wouldn't get all over the floor.

I quietly opened the door to my bedroom and tip toed in. Once I closed the door, I turned around, shocked at what I saw.

Lisa was sitting, her back to me, on my bed.

I fearfully walked towards her, and once I was at her side, she spoke up.

"Where were you?" She growled out.

"I was in the city." I mumbled.

"Do you know how late it is?" She once again growled out.

"I do." I mumbled.

Her angry gaze snapped towards mine.

"What was going through your mind to think it's perfectly fine to roam around a city in the middle of the night when you know how many dangerous criminals are out there?!" She yelled.

I was getting a bit riled up from her yelling, and I was angry too from her not letting me go anywhere.

"What was going through your mind when you thought it would be perfectly fine to keep me here all day long, bored out of my mind?! Oh and also have no one to talk to since you completely ignored me?!" I yelled back. I kind of regretted it when a whole new level of angry washed over her face.

She grabbed my waist and threw me on the bed. I squealed. She moved over on top of me, pressing her body down on mine so I wouldn't move. Her hand brought mine above my head, pinning them there. Her furious eyes locked with mine.

"It's all for your safety! It's a dangerous world, and I can't let you be put in danger!" She shouted.

"I would rather be put in danger than be locked up in here all day and night." I spat.

"Would you? Would you really?" She spat right back.

"Yes! Don't you see it! I can't live like this! I would rather take my chances to live in Central Park in the middle of the night than stay here doing nothing!"

"Wait. You went to Central Park?! Are you trying to get killed?!" She was once again yelling.

"Yes, I went to Central Park! And you know what?! I was happy! I was so happy! I felt alive. I felt like I was living. Completely different than what I feel here." I got quieter as I kept talking, looking away from her at my last few words.

Her eyes softened. "Are you really unhappy here?" She whispered.

"I don't know. Not always. Just when I'm alone and have nothing to do, which has been quite often recently." I whispered.

She sighed and dropped her body weight on me, letting go of my arms and wrapping her around me. She laid her head in the crook of my neck, and laid there for a few moments.

She sighed. "I'm sorry." She mumbled out.

"I'm sorry too." I whispered.

She lifted herself off me, running a hand through her hair.

"You should get some sleep. I'll make myself breakfast tomorrow, so you can sleep in." She got off my bed and made her way toward the door.

She turned back to me. "Goodnight, Jennie."

"Goodnight, Lisa." I gave her a small smile. The unknown emotion flashed in her eyes again. She quickly turned and closed the door.

I sighed once she was out of my room and let out a yawn. Hmmm... I should get some sleep.

____________