Chapter Seven

I'm in. I made it to the live shows. I should be happy about this right? I should be jumping up down at this moment. But I am not, instead I am sitting on a chair while looking out of the window. The scenery was just amazing. I would love to wake up to this everyday. I would love to win this competition and then buy a house like this. But now it has hit me, I am going to go sing in front of millions of people. What if they don't like me? What if they just think that I am not good enough to do this? What will I do if I go home in the first couple of weeks? What then? Will my friends just be like, "Oh, yeah, well Allie, we um, decided that since you didn't become famous we don't want to be seen with a loser." Well, if they say that, then they aren't good enough for me anyways.

**Couple Days Later**

"Allie, what are you going to do? They are going to ask about your family, and you don't have any here with you." Derrick said as he paced back and forth in my front hall. He was more scared about the press than I was. But he did have a point. They probably will ask about my parents, and they aren't here. They are at fashion week in New York, but I have Derrick here to help me. We both jumped a bit when someone knocked on our door.

"Hello guys, this is my home." I opened the door to let the two camera guys and the producer in. They set up the camera's and told me what was going to happen. They asked about my parents and I just sat there.

"They are out of town right now for work." Derrick stated. 

"Oh, okay, well um, can we just call them to see if we can get some quotes over the phone?" One of the guys asked. I grabbed my phone and dialed the number. 3 rings went by until I heard my fathers voice. I put it on speaker so they can hear too.

"Hey dad." I said kind of stiffly.

"Hello hun. I am so proud of you! Sorry I couldn't tell you earlier. You know how demanding these past weeks have been." He said trying to come up with a reason for not calling. I know that fashion week, well weeks for them, are hard, but I just assumed that they would have called sooner, but I just set the bar too high I guess.

"Thanks Dad. Yeah, well some guys are here at the apartment to get a quote from you and Mum about me when I was a child." I said just getting straight to the point.

"Ok, well Allie was always singing everywhere she went. Her first word was happy. I always was playing "don't worry be happy" when she was little, and I guess she loved the song just as much as I did. I remember walking into a shop in New York with her on my side, and the store was playing that song. She started singing to the best of her 2-year-old ability. From that moment on I just knew that Allie was destined to be a star." How come I have never heard that story before? I don't even remember going on that trip. But when my dad said that last line, I started to get teary eyed. Derrick hugged me and rubbed my back because he saw me getting emotional.

"Honey, Allie wants to speak to you." My dad said to my mum.

"Hello dear! How are you?" She asked in an upbeat tone.

"I am doing well Mum. Well, people from X- Factor are here to get a quote from you about what I was like as a kid." 

"Oh, well. Hmm. Allie was just always a happy child. Always had a smile on, and never really cried much as a baby. I remember this one time, where I brought her to work and all of the people there just wanted to play with her. She started dancing around, well jumping really, and for the rest of the day, she was just a hyper little 6 year old with bundles of energy. People were giving her the attention she wanted, and she loved being in the spotlight." I remember going to work with my mum, but I remember it being boring, and I pricked myself with scissors.