Chapter 12

"Gloomy"

Wu Xi had no idea why this would be the first thing Zhang would say upon his return. Well he knew why he felt heavy-hearted. But Zhang had never been a person who was sensitive about other people's feelings. Most of there where simpley ignored by him. To others he would listen.

And Wu Xi and Fatty belonged both to the tiny group he would talk to, even when it wasn't essential for survival.

"Did something happen?"

Apparently, he really did notice that something was wrong, but he couldn't pinpoint it.

"Not really" Wu Xi grumbled, before Fatty could say anything.

Yes, he was still in a bad mood.

Zhang only slightly slanted his head. Clearly not believing a word he had said. Yet he didn't ask any further.

Only looking at Wu Xi, his dark eyes incredibly gentle. How is this even possible. How could a simple look seem like an invitation to bee there while he literally cries his heart out. Seem like a promise to smother the pain, to give the warmth he yearned for.

If they only were together. If only he could snuggle into Zhangs arms, get a kiss. Then everything would be perfect. But they weren't together.

This incredible longing, but not having. Forbidding himself from moving towards Zhang. Wu Xi turned, know facing away from the flames.

Like this he wouldn't have to see Zhang anymore.

Yet he could feel his eyes teary, wishing nothing more than Zhang coming to him pulling him in his arms. It wouldn't happen. That was hard to swallow. It was what he had to fight with, when ever he woke up from a beautiful dream in the morning, when he traveled along him and when he wished for nothing more.

It was impassible to fulfill this longing for Zhang.

And now he could only be quiet and breath against the hurt, that had accumulated inside of him. Trying to blink so non the little droplets would leave his eyes. He didn't want to start whining in front of Zhang. Not right now and not like this.

"Fine, If Wu Xi doesn't want to talk then I will." Fatty sounded fed up with the situation.

If Wu Xi wasn't shocked out of his mind, not even able to have any reaction other then his hole body tightening, he probably would have noticed the different tone.

He wouldn't.

"It was just a little argument really." Fatty begun arguing.

"He said I am a jinx – I am not a jinx, just for the record. So I patiently explained to him that all the things that are happening to us during the expeditions are because he is a – humongous trouble magnet. And both of us are just the completely innocent victims, who get dragged along into the mess because we don't want to let – our friend – to suffer alone."

While Fatty had his fun, giving a grand explanation for his mood. Wu Xi managed to take a almost normal breath again. It still felt stuffed and shaky but he was going to manage. Lucky for him Fatty seamed inclined to talk a bit more with Zhang.

"By the way where have you been off to?"