Chapter 69

Zhang wasn't wearing his hood at the moment. His dark hair shining in the early morning light – a sight Wu Xi wouldn't want to take his eyes of even while something about this confused his brain. His pale skin in the sunlight and two warm black eyes staring back at him. It looked incredibly beautiful.

He could not help the fluttering feeling. Especially after he noticed Zhang ever so slightly slanting his head and then suddenly without any warning – smiling back at him.

The moment felt like frozen to him, even if he could hear his heart beating faster. A smile was so precious if he could he would stop time to savour the moment for a bit longer.

"You don't need to be so nervous."

Wu Xi could clearly hear Zhangs voice even though he hadn't spoken loudly. He had almost cried out in shock about the sudden sentence, making him become flustered.

Nervous about what?

Staring at him – talking – kissing – confessing

Feeling himself reddening he looked away as fast as possible. Hopefully stopping Zhang from guessing what was going through his mind at the moment, and simply hiding his face.

"You are going to be fine inside the ruins."

Zhang voice was calm and gentle. It was as if he was trying to get him to relax.

"Oh"

Wu Xi replied without thinking about it. Sure the temple ruins. There was still that he shouldn't have forgotten about it.

Yes the temple ruins – the "Truth" that was supposed to be hidden in there – the feeling of missing something. And Fatty who should have started his descend by now. The next person to go down there should be him.

And the befuddling sight of Zhang.

"Wu Xi" He called out to him again, asking for his full attention. Patiently waiting for him to slowly raise his head, and look at him again. He didn't demand him to look, he was requesting him to and waiting until he felt ready again or rather calm and not as blushed any more.

Only when slowly turning and raising his head again did he notice what had somewhat confused him before. Zhang was completely standing in the morning sun light, even though a few steps aside was a shadowy bit.

Only when Wu Xi looked him in the eyes again did Zhang speak. "You are going to be fine."

It sounded like a promise.

The dark eyes that were staring at him made him feel save. Like – the world could end and he wouldn't even have a scorched hair – kind of save. There was just something so incredibly warm and stoic in his eyes that it felt like a sanctuary to him.

Like Zhang had not just said, that he would make it out of that temple alive and with all his limbs attached, but like he had absolutely promised to protect him and told him that he had no need to fear anything that was down in that underground temple ruin.

And even though he wasn't actually fearing the temple, Zhang had greatly calmed him down. He hadn't even noticed the rigidness before it had left him.