Chapter 97

Wu Xie couldn't help but really laugh now. Even when he could see Qilings irritation radiating off of him he couldn't stop himself.

Of course he knew about truth serum.

That stuff was classic in stories and even made it into well-known movies. There were two typical uses for that stuff. First after catching one of the good guys the bad guy made them spill all their plans with the help of it. Second, which was traditionally more a story plot – give one or both of a pair of lover's truth serum to make them finally get together.

It was hilarious that he had ended up in this kind of situation, with how much he adored Qiling. The actually sad part was though. They weren't in some kind of fairytale story.

This was reality and with this on his mind he knew, how much he had to lose. How much hurt and pain and loneliness this could bring him if he wasn't careful. He could lose his Qiling forever if he miss stepped even once.

That thought was what finally made him stop laughing. He understood know why Qiling had shushed him several times before. Who knew how much damage he could have done unknowingly.

If the stories he knew and the comics and movies Fatty loved were correct then questions had to be answered and that sooner rather than later. And that truthfully.

Remembering Qilings face from just now, he understood what had happened.

"You totally didn't want to tell us that." Wu Xie said. It wasn't a question at all. That face he had pulled, the one Wu Xie had never seen before, the irritation he was showing after it.

And now Wu Xie was grinning again, at least for a bit. It was nice to know that Qiling was listening to them talk, even when he didn't part take in their normal chatter and even if it only was sometimes and when he didn't have his attention on something more important.

Wu Xie and Fatty actually enjoyed talking to each other about pretty much everything while hiking. The only thing that was on his mind about it was that because of this Qiling might know about all kinds of stories and movies he secretly or not so secretly indulged himself in.

Whelp, nothing to do about it anyway now. Maybe he should pay more attention to it in the future. The problem was, he didn't really know what he had been talking about with Fatty during all their hikes together. The think he remembered was that they hadn't really been talking on their way up here. And he really didn't want to have to ask.

If he hadn't talked about anything embarrassing before – and with Fatty that actually was an if – the others would both know something was up with that and if someone asked about it.

No. Wu Xie shook his head as if trying to get rid of the thought by literally shaking it out of his head.

When he stopped his eyes landed on the stark white bandage on Qilings hand again.

"Why are you still wearing that. Your wound should have healed already shouldn't it?"

The question was out before he even knew it. Wu Xie scrunched up his face, he shouldn't have asked that. He shouldn't have, - it was the safest for all of them if they weren't talking more than the bare minimum. He really should have stays quiet.