[ Part 3: A Midnight Mood ]

"Knight? I thought you went out back to the castle." Adventurer said. Knight had been conversing with a few people at the party to pass the time. They were in the lounge area of the manor, with candlelit lights and fancy seating.

"Ah, well, something came up, so I'm sticking around for a bit longer." Knight explained to him.

"Makes sense. I suppose you won't want to tell me what came up, right?" Adventurer asked.
"Yeah, I would rather keep it a secret for now, if it's fine." Knight replied.

"Alright, I'm going to head to the garden. See you, Knight!" Adventurer waved his goodbye as he turned to leave.

Knight let out a deep breath and sat on a nearby chair. His suit was all messy, with stains of food from being accidentally bumped into, as well as being wrinkled and slightly loose around the collar. He didn't bother fixing it, though, as the suit was getting hot and he needed to let some air into his clothing to cool him down.

He tried to keep his eyes open as he heard the chatter and footsteps of cookies downstairs. As he listened, he could feel the sound grow less and less loud. Knight blinked a few times to keep his consciousness, but no matter how hard he tried the sound never stopped soothing. Eventually, his eyes began to close, and as he slowly fell into a slumber...

"Hey, helmet hair!" Knight cookie suddenly awakened to a lighter head. He looked up to see White Choco Cookie standing atop him, Knight's helmet in her hands.

"Oh, sorry, did I fall asleep? How long was I out?"

White Choco giggled a bit. "I watched you for like 5 minutes, Knight. You really got to work on staying awake at parties."

"My apologies... I've just been tired." Knight said while rubbing his eyes.

"You say that every time, Knight." White Choco smirked as she tossed Knight back his helmet. "If you really were tired, you could just go home you know."

"I would," Knight said to her. "But I have something I need to do before the party finishes. Speak of it... what time is it right now?"

White Choco looked at a nearby clock. She took a second to process what the hands were pointing to, and she replied "About 11:20. Why do you need to know?"

"Just something." Knight said whilst looking away. "Something you don't need to know about."

"Oh? And what's so important that you'd hide it away from your colleague?" White Choco asked. She had a big grin on her face.

Knight's face had gotten slightly pinkish. "L-Look, White Choco, I have to go somewhere now, alright? I'd appreciate if I were alone doing so." Knight said as he got up from his seat and exited the lounge.

"Oh, fine. Just don't get any pink stains on your suit." White Choco jokingly replied.
"W-What's that supposed to mean?!" Knight said as his face was as bright red as a tomato.
"Oh, nothing~!" White Choco said as she exited the lounge.

Knight Cookie looked at a nearby clock. 11:25. It was around that time. He made his way up the stairs of the manor as he adjusted his suit. He tried his best to sweep all the dirt and food stains on his suit, all while avoiding bumping into nearby cookies. As he arrived to his destination, he made one last check of his suit and hair. He took a deep breath; In, then out. He opened the door to the balcony, letting the cool breeze of the night rush into his face. As he looked out, he saw Princess Cookie, looking back at Knight with a smile.

"Hey Knight. Close the door on the way out, Cheesecake said it lets dust in."

Knight exited the manor into the Balcony, closing the door behind him. He approached the Princess and stood next to her, leaning against the railings. The cool breeze of the hills brushed lightly onto the both of them, as the bright white stars above them shined brightly.