🌺🍀Chapter 3 : Ghost King takes the Bride

[Name] sat poised within the sedan as the eight sedan carriers are carrying the palanquin were all outstanding soldiers. Xie Lian, Nan Feng and Fu Yao were all respectively escorting each side of the bridal sedan. The sedan bump and bumped, [name] let out a low sigh and Fu Yao hears it.

"Milady, how is it to finally get married?" Fu Yao asked, sneering.

An idea-joke, pop on your head and smirked. "No, I'm a bit disappointed that something important is missing for the wedding procession"

"I think it's all set. What are we missing?"

You chuckled."Two maids for the bride"

The two juniors exchanged look, seeming to imagined something and looked away, shuddering. Xie Lian laughed at the thought along with Shao [Name].

Fu Yao replied. "Humph! Your family is too poor to afford maids!"

You chuckled, grinning."Alright."
The sedan carries couldn't help but laugh when they heard it.

[Name] can't help but squint his eyes, trying to see-through the viel and sedan. You asked Xie Lian. "Where are we?" 

"We've been in Mount Yujun for a while." He replied.

Not long after, a child's laughter abruptly sounded in your ears. You opened your eyes, your sudden movement noticed by Xie Lian and Fu Yao. "What's wrong [name]?" Xie Lian asked.

"Did you guys hear that?" You asked, toning your voice down a bit. "Have you heard the giggles?" Nan Feng answered. "I haven't neither heard."

"Neither am I!" Fu Yao added.

You leaned back to your seat, and thought to yourself. "So it was intended for me?"

In the dark wilderness, the child singing never once disappeared, and it was distant as it came from the deeper woods. The sedan carriers stopped,feeling something is off in the surrounding.

"Keep going. Act as of nothing is wrong." Xie Lian waved, gesturing them to continue.

"He's singing," you paused, listening to the child's voice singing again. "In tears crossing the mountains, never ever smile...the ghost groom...?" You said, unsure of the words.

"What does it mean?"Nan Feng asked. "He is warning you not to smile?" Fu Yao having the opposite opinion. "It might be a set-up. Perhaps something bad would happen if you cry."

[Name] said. "No matter I cry or laugh, what would be the worst scenario?" Xie Lian answered. "You will be kidnapped."

You continued."Right, there's something in need to tell you all." Nan Feng asked."What is it?"

"I've been smiling since I mounted the sedan."

Just as you said those words, the sedan came to an abrupt stop. Suddenly there was a commotion outside, noise of leaves and bushes rustling followed by a wolves howl.