🌺🍁Chapter 56 : Undecided : Go East Or West?

"So, you're the Guoshi of Banyue?"

Banyue step back away and nodded. Pei Xiu took a step forward to block him but Pei Ming pushed him aside. He came closer before Banyue wanting to observe her closely. Suddenly, when he was two steps away from her, Banyue immediately zoomed to hide behind You so fast. Everyone was puzzled but then you understood.

"General Pei...um..." You paused, keeping a polite look. Xie Lian gets the message and hints Pei Ming. "The Ghost Scented Candy... General Pei..."he said. Pei Ming blinked and his face turned dark. You snorted and strokes Banyue's hair.

Xie Lian couldn't help but smile but then schooled his expression. "Why has Lord Rain Master also come to Mount Tong'lu? How come you're all not together?"

"We were together at first, but on the way, we heard Your Highness yelling for us in Banyue Tongue. So we split up to come check things out." Pei Xiu explained. Pei Ming spoke,"Before, I couldn't find you in the mortal realm. How did you  end up with Lord Rain Master? Don't tell me you were chasing after the Guoshi of Banyue?"

Pei Xiu lowered his head slightly. "No. It was Lord Rain Master who saved me."he said.

Pei Ming and Pei Xiu exchanged word after words with Ming'guang joining, insulting and taunting Pei Ming and his descendant. This was out of your league to discuss with them so you stepped out away. You keep watching over Hua Cheng, still meditating and his eyes shut.

During Ming'guang's furious ranting and mindless words, Pei Ming concluded that Ming'guang isn't Ming'guang at all but he's Rong Guang. When the name was called out, the pot instantly became silent.

After listening to the whole story of Pei Ming and his past deputy from Pei Xiu, Xie Lian was speechless. Finally learning the story of the "General Who Snapped His Sword"

Pei Ming held that pot in his hand. "I should've known it was you. This is very much your style."he said. A cold voice spoke inside the pot. "Your brothers are all long dead. I'm nothing but a sword." Pei Ming then returned the pot to Pei Xiu.

Xie Lian spoke, "General Pei, [Name] and I will continue to go further into Mount Tong'lu." You turned to Banyue. "Banyue, how about you two? Will you go find Lord Rain Master?"you asked.

Pei Xiu replied, "Lord Rain Master has already gone on ahead to chase after the ghosts who kidnapped the farmers. If we go, it'd be the same way, so we are willing to assist the General and Your Highness and join you." Pei Ming snapped out and knitted his brows slightly. "Then we best hurry. The Ruler of Yushi isn't a martial god but went on before us. They might run into danger ahead."he said.

Xie Lian picked-up Hua Cheng and You tucked the two pots away, making your way deeper into the thick woods. After a day of journeying, the group finally left the forest and entered the second level of Mount Tong'lu. Xie Lian saw off the road a broken-down black little house in the isolated island.

"Why are there houses here?" Xie Lian wondered.

Pei Ming replied,"I'm afraid, this is something you'll have to ask the Lord Ghost King in your arms."

Just then, the group of them had come to a fork in a road. One path headed east and the other headed west.

"The night has deepened, let's camp here for the night." You said.