🌺🍀Chapter 27 : The Three Thousand Lanterns and Qiandeng Temple!

After the round of feasting was past, in the midst of all socializing and networking came the final act of the night, The Battle of the Lanterns.

The moment the Battle of Lanterns began, the first one up was the Rain Master. One little blessings lantern leisurely float up in the sky and you heard, "The Palace of the Rain Master, One Lantern!"

"Is that right?" Xie Lian asked [Name]. You nod your head and replied "It is."

"It really is just one. And that one was lit by the bull from the Rain Master's own house for the sake of showing face at the feast."

"Is it because the worshippers of the Rain Master are mostly farmers, so they don't have funds for offerings?" He guessed.

"Your Highness, do you have some kind of misunderstandings of farmers?" Shi Qingxuan said. "A lot of farmers were wealthy. This was because the Lord Rain Master had said it was better to farm than to use money for offerings, so the followers had always offered fresh fruits and vegetables." You said.

However, Shi Qingxuan added. "And then later the Lord Rain Master also said not to wast anything, so usually a couple days the worshippers would take home the offerings and eat it themselves."

"..."

At the beginning of the Battle, scattered lantern lights belonging to the lower ranking officials, the count never reaching over to ten and no one paid any mind. However, as the battle continued, the lights of the lanterns grew brighter and everyone had finally paid more attention. [Name] was focusing on the sparkling, and beautiful scene of lanterns, that you didn't realize Xie Lian was also focusing his gaze on you. The lights of lanterns reflects on your eyes and mistakens your eyes as if sparkling like stars in the night.

The fight for the top ten of the Battle of the Lanterns at the Mid-Autumn Festival has begun. The bottom of the top ten, You heard the announcer official shouting;

"The Palace of Qi Ying, Four Hundred and Twenty-one Lanterns!"

Then the next one was the Palace of Earth Master with four hundred forty-four lanterns. There were only a few people who are close to Ming Yi and mostly officials clapped politely for them. Shi Qingxuan clapped for him with enthusiasm since they're the closest. Soon after, it was Shi Qingxuan is next with five hundred and twenty-three lanterns. For some so popular, applause hollers and cheers roared in the banquet congratulating Shi Qingxuan.

Next up was the Palace of Ling Wen with five hundred and thirty-six lanterns. Not many civil gods congratulated and him some other heavenly officials grumbled, complaining that Ling Wen only had so many worshippers because she used a male form,etcetera, etcetera. Following Ling Wen, were the Palaces of Nan Yang and Xuan Zhen with five-hundred and seventy-two and five-hundred and seventy-three.

You sweated as their worshippers on both sides would rather fighting to death each other instead of going home to celebrate with their families. Next was the Palace of Ming Guang with five-hundred and eighty lanterns, followed by the Palace of Water Master with a seven hundred and eighteen lanterns. The Banquet was in uproar and sound of amazement was everywhere.

Shi Qingxuan was even more excited and applauded with force, shouting to the two people beside her. "IT'S MY BROTHER! IT'S MY BROTHER!"