Chapter Nine

Third Person P.O.V

Alexandra got out of the truck with Jacob and Bella. "Don't worry, we got this place covered." Jacob told Bella, hoping to put her mind at ease. "She won't get to you or Charlie, or Alex." Jacob patted their shoulders. "You got to be careful she's fast. You don't know how fast she is." Bella warned Jacob, worried for his safety. "You know, your lack of confidence in us is a little insulting." He smiled at her.

"I better go." He took a step back. "You gotta go?" Bella asked, not wanting him to leave. "Yeah." His voice was almost as low as a whisper. "I got a vampire to kill." Alexandra pulled Jacob in for a short hug. "Tell Em I'll come back around soon." She smiled at Jacob, having decided to forgive him, she could never really stay mad for too long. "Come on, let's go inside." Alexandra was already walking up the porch when Bella had followed.

———————————————————————————

"Bella, you haven't told me what we are doing yet." Alexandra smiled excitedly as Bella told her it was a surprise. "It's going to be fun, trust me." Bella smiled at her little sister, knowing she couldn't do it without her. Bella pulled to a stop to eye the cliffs, Alexandra catching on. "Are we going cliff jumping?!" Alexandra's excitement grew as they went and parked.

They were already almost done with their hike to the cliff's edge. "Why must you always pick the hardest ways?" Alexandra asked as she breathed deeply, trying to catch her breath. "Finally." Alexandra breathed out as they came up to the cliff, pushing the last bit of branches out of their way. "Woah, Bella, isn't this a bit high for us? It is our first time." Alexandra stared down at the water, noticing how violent the waves have gotten.

"It's perfect." Bella stared down at the water. "You wanted me to be human. Watch me." Alexandra's head snapped over to Bella. "Is this just to see Edward?!" She scolded as Bella took off her jacket. "Bella we are not doing this! You need to get over him and this isn't the way! This cliff is too high, you could get seriously injured!" Bella ignored her sister as she focused on Edward and jumping.

"You won't stay with me any other way." Right before Alexandra could grab Bella and pull her back, she had already jumped. "BELLA!" She screamed as she watched her submerge into the waves. Bella came back up for air, but was thrown back underwater by multiple waves, hitting her head on a rock. "Okay, you can do this, it's for Bella." Alexandra coached herself as she threw off her shoes and jacket.

She jumped over the ledge, diving down into the water. The waves calmed slightly as soon as they covered her, just enough so they didn't knock her around. Alexandra saw Bella, unconscious, floating down. She quickly swam down and grabbed ahold of Bella, using all of her strength to swim to the shore. As soon as her head popped up she gasped for air, Jacob running into the water and grabbing Bella from her.

Alexandra crawled over to where he laid Bella down while coughing. "Breathe! Breathe!" Jacob did mouth to mouth to her. "Come on Bella, breathe!" Water came out of the side of Bella's mouth as her eyes fluttered open, Alexandra laying tiredly next to her, tears already flowing down her cheeks. "Bella! Bella, can you hear me?" Jacob urgently asked. Bella took deep breaths as she looked up at him. "Jake?" Jacob gave a short smile as he helped her sit up.

Alexandra closed her eyes as her limbs were tired, her eyes starting to become too heavy to keep open. "What were you thinking?!" He whispered to her. "I just wanted to see something." Alexandra forced her eyes open. "Or someone." She glared at Bella, both girls soaking wet. "Get them home! I'm going to go help out over at Harry's place!" Sam ordered before he ran off. "What happened at Harry's?" Alexandra asked as she forced herself to sit up.

"Harry Clearwater had a heart attack." Alexandra's eyes widened. She loved Harry, he was always so kind to her, and she used to go on fishing trips with him and Charlie when she lived there. "Charlie and my dad are over at his place with his family." Alexandra scooted closer. "Is he okay?" Both her and Bella had asked. "He's gone." Jacob breathed heavily while Alexandra's shoulders slumped.

"Come on, I'll drive you home." Alexandra frowned, not being able to imagine the pain that's going through the family, Charlie, Billy, and the pack. Jacob helped the two up, Alexandra groaning from how exhausted she was. "I'm never swimming again, and neither are you Bella. You're not allowed alone anymore and no more cliffs. Or anything else dangerous, you could've died!" Alexandra started her argument, continuing the whole way to the truck.

Alexandra shivered as she leaned against Bella, who sat in the middle. "108 degrees over here." He told Bella, who scooted over more to him and hugged onto him. "God." She sighed at how warm he felt. "My hands are freezing." Alexandra scoffed as she moved closer to them and grabbed Jacob's arm, wrapping it around her shoulder. "Don't hog him, I was in that water too." She felt her body start to warm up more as Jacob held them close to him.

"It must be nice never having to be cold." Bella held onto his torso. "It's a wolf thing." Jacob smiled slightly. "It's not. It's a Jacob thing. You're just warm." Jacob's smile widened more while Alexandra mentally gagged at their conversation. "You're like your own sun." Alexandra snorted as she leaned her head against Bella.

They pulled up to the house, Alexandra having put as much space between them and her once she was warm enough. "Is this better? Now that you know about me?" Bella looked up at him. "But?" Alexandra stared at the house, suddenly not wanting to go inside when she felt something weird about the aura of the house, like someone she didn't know was waiting in there, and her gut feelings were almost always spot on.

"You saw what happened to Emily. Sam got angry. Lost it for a split second. Em was standing too close. He will never be able to take that back. What if I got mad at you?" Jacob asked while Alexandra squinted her eyes as they searched around the house. "Sometimes, I feel like I'm gonna disappear." Bella moved as she sat up straighter. "Okay, not that you need me to tell you something like this, but I always will. You're not gonna lose yourself. I wouldn't let it happen." Bella reassured him.

Alexandra's eyes caught a black car that was across the street, she had never seen it there before. "How?" Jacob asked as the sexual tension in the car raised. "I'll tell you all the time how special you are." Jacob leaned in for a kiss, but Bella inhaled deeply, causing him to stop, knowing she didn't want to. "Thank you, for everything." Bella opened Alexandra's door, but she quickly shit it. "Wait." She demanded, Jacob looking over at her as he knew she felt something.

"There's a vampire." Alexandra looked back over at the house in worry. "How do you know?" Alexandra looked back over at them. "I can smell it, I'm getting you out of here." Alexandra nodded. "I have a really bad feeling about the house, Bells." She agreed with Jacob. Bella looked back, spotting the black car. "That's Carlisle's car!" She breathed out. "They're here!" She opened Alexandra's door and pushed her out, climbing out after the stumbling girl. 

"It's a trick!" Jacob tried to stop her as Alexandra was right behind her. "Stop! You gotta come with me!" Jacob grabbed her arm, stopping them. "They won't hurt me, us." Bella glanced over at Alexandra who glared at the black car. "Of the Cullen's are back here, this is their territory. The treaty says we can only defend on our own lands, I can't protect you here!" Jacob warned her. "It's okay, you don't have to, Alexandra can." Bella looked back at the house while Alexandra gave her a nod.

"You're about to cross a line." Jacob leaned back a bit. "Then don't draw one. Please." Bella rushed into the house, Alexandra right on her heels. Alexandra swallowed the lump in her throat once they walked into the dark entrance, Bella shutting the door behind them. Alexandra turned on the light and Bella yelled as a woman stood next to them. Alexandra, startled by Bella, had the woman held back against the wall.

"Alice?! Let her down!" Bella demanded, to which Alexandra hesitantly complied. Bella hastily pulled the vampire into a hug. "Oh my god!" Bella pulled back. "Bella!" Alice exclaimed in surprise and happiness. "What are you- I'm sorry, I-I just can't believe you're here." Alexandra glared at Alice as she watched the interaction. "I-Is." Bella was cut off by Alice. "Would you like to explain to me how you're alive?!" Bella blinked in confusion.

"What?"