#3: Anaa-Atasil-Jinn

Anaa Atasil Jinn: Portal to the Other Dimension
@wasted_tea

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

The world we're living lies different mystery engraved in an epoch of time yet, science unraveled these artifacts proven in its power to excavate and investigate.

“Take it to the lab,” I commanded these men as they entered inside a huge dome, carrying this vulnerable thing inside a white cloth.

They placidly placed it in a white stainless sturdy long table— where microscope and other device and paraphernalia usually at.

“Put it down slowly,” I assure them with my command. I unwrapped the cloth that covers the antique wearing my gloves, and gently visualize a text written on it.

‘Anaa-atasil-jinn,’ as I read what's written on a dusty antique jar in an Arabic letters.

I'm Jane, an Archeologist. I finished my degree overseas and currently working with the new discovery in the countryside of Cairo Egypt along with the other interns.

Exploring caves, digging and investigating how things become like this along time— and especially  interpreting symbols is my job.

I learned to live with them. Wearing my veil everytime, physically immersed in their environment. Adopting Egyptian or shall I say Arabic culture.

“Your name, is no good. No good. You change! No good we hear," an old lady lives near at the cave, just furiously uttered as if my name is disturbing her with her weary and furrowed deep eyes. She wears all black from veil to her '𝑎𝑏𝑎𝑦𝑎ℎ' that showcased her identity as widow.

Her heavy gasp and nervous gestures intensify how curious I am right now.

“That!” The old lady nervously raised her wrinkled hand and points the direction of the cave, meters away.

“No good to go night,” she hardly speaks and construct her words in English, yet her concern is plastered on her eyes.

“Why, what's wrong with my name?” I curiously asked Fatima, my peer and assistant.

She gave me an instant look, “You know what? In Arabic your name sounds a li’l different when we pronounced it.” She shrugged and wrapped her denim jacket, “You won't like it either.” She chuckles and rolled her eyes. She searched for her thought while tilting her head, “Just take Jannah instead," she cheerfully added.

Yeah for all time, she calls me Jannah. Means heaven, as emphasizing the 'n'.

Around two AM, I woke up. I turned the lampshade on and pack my things to buckle up myself to go near at the camp where the jar and other artifacts remained undiscovered. I worn my cozy sweater and stepped out of my tent— it's just a walking distance, so I walked.

“Tabi-tabi po,” I uttered. It's my Mama's advised in walking amidst the nature sunk places— just Filipino 'pamahiin'.

The woods look so mysterious when its darkness, and the sounds of the night cricket resonates in the peacefully woods.

I heard a footstep cracking the dried leaves on the ground and assume that somebody is intentionally following me. I roam around and saw nothing— just the big trees and its leaves swaying with the wind.

I gasped and faced front. I gently closed my eyes and blew a heavy breathe.

“O-Oh! F-Fatima, you're here?!” I startled seeing Fatima who's standing near the tree, blocking the light from the camp. So, I couldn't clearly see her face, but I know she's.