VI.

Ever since that day regulus and Cassidy's relationship grew. They spent far too much time together. One could say that they are best friends.
People did find it odd that regulus black, was best friends with a half-blood, Hufflepuff girl. She was the complete opposite of him. But they fit together so well.

———
Regulus and Cassidy walked down the halls, Arms linked. Cassidy was holding her test paper that she passed on.
"I'm so proud of you!" Regulus said.
She smiled and he mimicked her smile.
They both started laughing as they headed to they're usual spot by the lake.
Yes people did find them odd. But they didn't care.
They were to wrapped up in the moment to care.
It had been a month since they became friends.
But they knew this relationship would last forever.

———
They were both laughing at godric knows what.
Then Cassidy remembered something.
"I have something for you" she said.
He smiled
"Well close your eyes!" She said.
He nodded and closed his eyes
"Put your hands out."
"Now, open them!" She said
When regulus opened his eyes he was met with a mixtape,
"I made it for you! Do you like it?" She questioned.
He paused, he didn't know how to respond, no one had ever made him a gift before. No one had ever went out of their way like this to make him happy.
No one had ever given him such a thoughtful gift.
"If you don't like it-"
"I love it Cassidy" he said before she could finish.
She smiled and laughed.
"Well I'm glad you like it regulus." She said.
He smiled
"This is the best present I've ever received."

———
Regulus felt whole. He felt like Cassidy was that missing piece. That thing that would fill the void in his life.
But when he was alone, and without her he fell back into his thoughts.
*What did I do to Sirius to make him hate me?*
He questioned himself.
He laid in bed on his side.
He didn't want to cry.
But he did. He felt ashamed for crying over a brother that has never shed a single tear over him. He felt awful for still living Sirius and wanted him to at least acknowledge his existence, and not in a way of talking about him and receiving dirty looks In the halls.
Cassidy knew of the looks and the rumors, she had to of.
Regulus just wasn't quite sure if he was ready to speak of his real feelings with her just yet.
He needed time. He was still damaged because of what Sirius did to him.
Maybe he was afraid she would find him weak.
But she wouldn't, she's caring and kind.
Regulus found himself thinking of her all the time.
He couldn't help but admire the way she smiles.
Or see the way her face lights up when her favorite song plays. Or when she is so caring towards nature and animals.
But it amazes him how much she cares for him.
And he couldn't figure out why.
Regulus couldn't say he didn't have feelings for the girl.
He did, and he felt very compelled to protect her. He became jealous very easily. He never expressed any of these emotions to her. He was afraid it would scare her away.
He just hoped she felt the same for him.

Only time will tell