Mission to the Sand (Part Two)

NARUTO'S POV
"HUH"
"I HAVE TO DO WHAT NOW"
"BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, " Kurama burst out laughing.
"Those are your orders kid, get to it."
"But seriously, after waiting for 4 days the best they came up with was to talk with the jinchuriki. What do they even want us to talk about? Should I just go up to them and say hey I know your village is planning a coup d'etat, wanna talk this out, " I said sarcastically.
"Probably kid, " Kurama said still laughing.
"Think about it this way, they are betting everything on this, and even if you do get caught the leaf village will be ready for anything."
"I guess your right, but how are we going to find them anyways."
"I've actually been thinking about this, does the kazekage have a son or a daughter."
"Yeah, based on my reports he has two sons and one daughter."
"Then the biggest possibility is that one of them is the jinchuriki."
"You think so."
"Yeah, I mean your the son of the Fourth so it wouldn't be all the unlikely."
"It may be just a hunch but your probably right, now all we have to do is located the siblings and see which one of them is it."
"Make sure to stay alert kid."
"Don't need to tell me that, " I smirked.

TWO HOURS LATER
"So that's them huh, they look a little older than me."
There was a girl and a boy playing around in the sandbox. The girl had blonde hair and it was in pigtails. The boy had purple markings all over his face.
"But didn't you say the Kazekage had two sons, where is the other one?"
"You said you can sense the jinchuriki if I am right next to the right, is it one of them."
"Nope, I can't feel anything from them."
"Then the jinchuriki has to be the other son, but where can we find him."
"I know it's risky but try talking them and get info, they're just kids anyway."
"At this point, it could be our best option, but socializing isn't one of my strong suits. Even when I was with Shikamaru, Choji, and Kiba, I was completely out of my comfort zone."
"Just consider that practice for right now."
"Geez, there is no getting out of this one huh, " I thought to myself as I walked up to the siblings.
"Um hi, my name is Naruto, what's yours, " I said with a forced smile.
"Well, aren't you the friendly one, " the boy said while walking towards me.
It was pretty obvious he was trying to size me up but little does he know I could kill him without even moving from my spot.
I resisted the urge to kill him and asked, "so what's your name."
"The name's Kankuro, " he said with a devilish grin on his face.
"Leave him alone Kankuro, " the girl in the back of him said.
"My name is Temari, nice to meet you, " she greeted.
Phew at least the introductions are over, now let's see how much information I can milk out of them.
We were talking and playing around for like thirty minutes now and I was bored out of my mind. They seem like genuinely nice kids but I am not all that childish. While we were playing I came up with the best possible questions to ask without them getting suspicious.
"So it seems like you guys get along, it must be nice to have siblings, " I said.
"Well he can be annoying sometimes but we do get along, " Temari replied.
"Do you guys have any other siblings?, " I asked in a cautious tone.
Suddenly their moods dropped, it was like they were completely different people. Were they not allowed to talk about him or something.

"Well um do you, " I asked once again.
"We do but erm- he is a sickly child so he can't go out very much, " Kankuro said.
"Um yeah, he is always inside the house so he doesn't spread what he has, " Temari applied.
They are obviously lying, but at least now I know where the kid is being held up.
"I see, that must be hard knowing you can't spend time with your brother, " I responded.
They both shook their heads in agreement.
"I got to go now because it's getting pretty late, but I will see you guys later, " I smiled.
"Later Naruto, " Temari smiled and waved.
"Yeah later, " Kankuro also waved.

I quickly shunshined away when I was out of their eyesight and went straight to the Kazekage's tower. Of course, I was able to slip right in without anyone noticing though. You would think they have tighter security here but I guess not. Before I came in I cast a genjutsu on an Anbu so he would go home and fall asleep. Then I quickly transformed into him and went to the Kazekage's room. As I already guessed, he wasn't in there but I did sense someone else in the room. I put a seal on the door allowing me to unlock it without anybody hearing anything. When I went inside it just looked like a nice family home.
"He is here kid, I can sense him, " Kurama tensed up.
"Meaning he can sense me too, " I said as I higher my guard.
"Run to the left, " Kurama ordered.
When I go to the left I see a door that was locked.
"The boy is behind that door."
I quickly unlock the door and when I opened it I was shocked. There was sand everywhere, and I thought outside was bad. It was like a sandpit. As I walked in I noticed a little boy with bright red hair sitting in the middle of all this and. He had a teddy bear in his hand and had a tattoo on the left side of his forehead. He looked scared at first but when he saw me his whole attitude changed. He had a murderous aura about him but I was immune to it. When I saw that I wasn't frightened he sat there frozen in place. I quickly undid my disguise and sat down to talk with the boy.
"W-who are you, " the boy asked.
"Me, well my name is Naruto Uzumaki, I am a shinobi from the leaf village, " I replied.
"What is a leaf shinobi doing here, " he interrogated.
"I have a mission here, " I replied again.
"And what does that mission have to do with me."
"To put it in simple terms, to find out more about you, " I grinned.
The boy stared at me for a while.
"You have one of them inside you too don't you, " he mumbled.
I was stunned by what he asked me for a second but later said, "yes I do, and his name is Kurama."
"Kurama so does mine have a name too, " he asked.
"Yep, I think his name is Shukaku."
"Really, that's pretty cool."
"Isn't it, " I laughed.
"Yeah, " the boy smiled.
"But more importantly, what's your name, and how old are you."
"My name is Gaara and I am 8 years old."
"Wow same age as me."
"You must be pretty strong to carry out missions like this, " Gaara added.
"I sure am."
"But tell me, you didn't come all this way just to talk to me right."
"Hmm you seem pretty smart, I guess I'll tell you everything, and in return I want you to tell me about your life."
"Ok, " he responded.

LATER ON

After I told Gaara about my mission, he told me about his childhood growing up and it wasn't all that different from mine. I understood a lot from where he was coming from and for the first time in my life I felt like I could have an honest conversation with him. I asked him if he wanted to meet Shukaku and Kurama and he quickly agreed to it. I developed chakra in my hand and touched his forehead. Then we were inside the mindscape of both tailed beasts.

"Shukaku you look well, " Kurama smirked.
"Oh shut up Kurama, why are you and your brat here anyways, " Shukaku yelled out.
"Nothing big really just trying to prevent a successful coup d'etat that's all."
"I never thought you would bow down and make friends with a human."
"It's not so bad, you should try it sometimes," Kurama said as he looked at Gaara.

Gaara was still stunned by what he was seeing. When he looked at Shukaku for the first time, he was in awe. It reminded me of how I was like when I saw Kurama for the first time. I noticed he was trying to say something but nothing came out of his mouth. I nudged him a little bit and told him to introduce himself.

"My name is Gaara, and yours is Shukaku right, well it's nice to meet you."
"Of course it's nice to meet me, I am a divine beast after all."
"If possible I want us to be friends," Gaara asked desperately.
"Me, friends with a human you must be joking."

Gaara looked at Shukaku straight in the face. I know that I am so-called "emotionless" but when I saw him I spent a chill down my spine. I was almost proud of him. Shukaku had felt it too; he knew Gaara was being serious.

"W-Well considering you don't have any other friends I wouldn't mind keeping you company, " Shukaku admitted.
"Then it's settled, we are all friends, " I said with a smile on my face.

When we exited the mindscape, the two siblings were waiting for us and of course, they had some questions.

"What the hell are you doing here," Kankuro shouted.
"Your not from this village are you," Temari questioned.

I ended up explaining everything to them and Gaara even stuck up for me saying not to tell their dad that I was here. They were surprised that their little brother was actually talking to them normally and decided to keep it a secret. In the end, they agreed to be spies for the leaf village.

IN THE HIDDEN LEAF

"And that's my report, Lord Third."
"Well done Kitsune, I would give you a vacation but you still have to go back to the academy," the Hokage praised.
"Yeah, I know."
"Get enough sleep tonight so your not that tired when you head back."
"Yes sir," I said as I shunshined away.

"Kid, be honest."
"About what."
"It's not that you don't like those Sand siblings, but do you really want to be their friends."
"Not really."
"That's cruel kid."
"I tolerate them and I sympathize with Gaara but I don't need friends."
"The whole point of going to the academy was for you to make friends and have a normal childhood."
"Kurama you know more than others that my childhood is far from normal, and that wasn't the main reason I was sent to the academy."
"What do you mean."
"It's to keep people from being suspicious about me. If people find out I'm Kitsune they will do everything in their power to sabotage me or even kill me. After all, I am a kid with a nine-tailed demon sealed inside me, no offense."
"I see but shouldn't you at least try to connect with kids your age."
"I did try when I was with Shikamaru, Kiba, and Choji, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't connect with them. Sure they were ok to have around but I wasn't having as much fun as I see other kids do with their friends. Just give up Kurama because my childhood ended long ago."
"Fine, I won't pressure you into making friends but don't be so heartless that you couldn't shut them all out. They still consider you their friend after all."
"Yeah yeah I know."

Naruto: The Unknown Prodigy जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें