Genin

NARUTO'S POV

It has been 2 years since I met the Akatsuki and I kind of miss them. Me and Nagato kept in touch often and Tobi sent letters too. It's hard to believe Madara is Tobi's father, they are so different. Oh and I can just remember the old man's face when we told him what we found out. His skin went pale and his eyes actually came out of the socket for a sec. The Ninja council's reaction wasn't all that different from the old man's, probably even worse. I was practically laughing my ass off when the meeting ended.

Ever since the Akatsuki mission, the old man has been relentless in giving me missions. On top of that, I still had to train Konohamaru; oh and Shikamaru too because of the Hokage's order. Because of this I retaliated and started pranking the old man just to give him more work and the best part is he doesn't even know it's me.

Konohamaru made real progress and he didn't even enter the Academy yet. However, he is starting this year while I'm leaving.

IN THE ACADEMY...

"As you all know, today is exam day meaning we will test you to see of you kids are capable of becoming genin, " Iruka said to the entire class.

"This is going to be easy, " Kiba said while putting his hands behind his head.

"You should take this more seriously Kiba, " Ino said.

"Ino is right Kiba, this test is not to be fooled around with, " Iruka said.

"Yeah yeah don't worry, I won't fool around, plus if I don't make it as a genin my mom will kill me," Kiba said as he flinched with his own words.

"Ok so first up is the writing portion, " Iruka says while passing out papers around the room, "you guys have one hour, begin."

Everyone picked up their pencils and started to write. As I looked around the room I could tell that a lot of kids did not know anything. They were just tapping their pencil, looking out the window, blowing bubbles with their gum. It seemed like only the kids from the ninja clans knew what they were doing. Sakura was different though, she was jogging through it and I have to say I commend her on that. She is a good example on wasted potential and I think that's the main reason I get so annoyed whenever I see her. Sure she is annoying and her screams can be heard halfway across the world but she is smart.

After an hour Iruka took all the paper's from everyone. I was aiming for a 75 but I knew that Sakura would get a high mark and I didn't want to risk getting on the same team with her so I decided to get an 80. Then Iruka started to call up people one by one to the front of the class to do a transformation jutsu. When it was my turn, I transformed into a normal fox and I could hear Shikamaru smirking from across the room.

Finally, it was time to test our physical abilities and we were all led into a room by ourselves to demonstrate our kunai aim. I set myself up for a 7/10 and soon everyone was finished. An hour later Iruka came in with the results.

"I have to say, I am disappointed in a lot of you guys. You could have done a lot better. If you hear your name you are staying but if you don't well you can always try again next year, " Iruka said while looking at the list.

I could hear as everyone's heart started to beat rapidly. Then Iruka started to call out names.

"Shino Aburame"

"Choji Akimichi"

"Sakura Haruno"

"Hinata Hyuga"

"Kiba Inuzuka"

"Shikamaru Nara"

"Sasuke Uchiha"