xlv (Narration)

Lumina

"Nanny, I have to meet some friends muna," Nagpaalam ako over the phone.

"Sige sige. Mag enjoy ka dyan, ah!" She happily said.

"Yes po. I will be home by 8 pm," I said and ended the call.

I'm already at SM but I didn't know where to go so I just sat at the bench. It was also still 3:45 PM so I was just early. I rarely go to the mall alone. Usually, nandon si Nanny. I feel so lost.

10 minutes later, Maddie texted that we would meet in a particular cake shop because that was the nearest to the entrance of the floor she usually parks so I went there and sat.

"Lumina?" I heard a sweet tone. I looked at the woman and saw Odette.

Oh, she looks very pretty in person. Her aura was sweet. She was wearing a pink blazer dress with her black bag and pink stilettos.

"H-hi," I stuttered. I didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry. Medyo na late lang," She answered in a sweet tone.

"No uhm, it's okay," I awkwardly smiled.

"Let's wait for Maddie nalang muna. She can be really really late sometimes," She whispered. I let out a soft chuckle.

"Sinong late?" I got shocked when I heard a voice from my back. I saw Maddison.

She was wearing a white lace sleeveless top with beige culottes and a pair of white sandals. She's also very pretty in person. Her aura was bold. They got good genes.

"Hi Lumina! Fake news talaga yang si Detty. Never akong late, noh," She scoffed.

"Where do you want to go?" Odette asked.

"Kayo bahala," I blinked twice.

"Alam ko! Ice skating tayo tapos shopping tayo after?" Maddie suggested.

"That's nice," I nodded.

"'Di ako marunong mag-ice skate," Odette laughed.

"Okay lang 'yan, Odette Cher. 'Di rin ako marunong. Nung one time na niyaya ko si Oli dito, palagi akong nahuhulog. Napakabastos non kasi tinawanan lang ako, tas sabi ko lang," she paused, "Ba't ka tumatawa? Matagal na naman akong nahulog sa'yo."

Odette laughed what she said. She's very talkative pala. I got that vibe since we first met on my performance.

"You fell? Like on top of him?" I curiously asked. I didn't quite get the term.

"Parang na-fall. As in fall in love," She explained. Oh, that's what it meant pala.

"Ganon pala 'yon," I nodded in amusement, "Anyway, I can teach you both," I volunteered.

"Ayos! Marunong ka?" Maddie was so enthusiastic.

"Maddie, she wouldn't teach us if hindi siya marunong, diba?" Odette was stressed. I just laughed at them.

"Though, I'm not quite sure if I'm still good at it. The last time I figure skated was about 14 years ago," I shyly said.

"Okay lang 'yan, Umi. We can hold on to each other naman," Odette smiled.

While on the way to the skating rink, we shared some stories together. At first, I was shy to speak but I warmed up to them later on.

"So you liked him since you were high school?" I asked Maddie and she nodded. After hearing her story, I realized that destiny has its ways talaga. Pag kayo, kayo talaga in the end.

I also heard Odette's and hers wasn't easy to go through. I admire her for being strong.

"Ikaw, Umi? Kumusta ka naman sa life?" She asked.