xlix (Narration)

Hello! Sorry for not updating these past few months. I've been really busy with irl stuff so here's a (kinda?) long update!  >_<

-------

Song: to my youth 나의 사춘기에게- bolbbalgan4

tw: mentions of suicide

Lumina

"Are you done with auditions, Kyle?" I asked while we were walking around the lobby.

"Ngayong umaga yung auditions tsaka ngayong hapon yung resulta ng roles," He felt nervous.

"It's okay. I know you would do a great job," I assured him and he smiled.

"Sige. Alis na ako. Galingan mo sa practice, ah!" He waved and went to the opposite direction.

I walked towards our practice room and saw the other ballerinas chatting while sitting on the floor. I also saw around 8 males which I think they would join us in practice today. As usual, I just sit on the distance. Minutes later, Madam Ly and Sir Yap entered together with...

My father?

"Good morning, everyone," Madam Ly greeted so we stood up.

"You're probably wondering why Mr. Ortega is here with us. Sir, would you like to take the stage?" Madam politely asked him and he nodded. He stood at the center and cleared his throat before speaking.

"Your next performance is set to happen in 8 months so you have lots of time to practice," He started.

8 months...

My mom's birthday...

"Sir, what would we perform?" Angelica, one of the ballerinas, asked.

"We've done 7 performances overall, 3 times for 'The Nutcracker', 2 for 'Giselle' and 2 for 'Swan Lake'. This time I would like to introduce to you something new. Something we've never done before. And this time, I would invest more in this, starting from the stage props, your costumes, and most importantly your choreography."

"We'll do 'Romeo and Juliet. Two star-crossed lovers. How romantic!" He extended his arms. Everyone nodded and whispered to each other. It looked like they loved it.

"Sir, I have a question," Crisa, another ballerina asked.

"Go ahead," Daddy nodded.

"Do we have all have a chance of being Juliet?" That was what she asked.

"Crisa, darling, the main character is already set to be the prima-" Madam Ly was supposed to say something but Daddy suddenly cut her.

"Do you have concerns?" He asked.

They all nodded and protested that we must redo the auditions. I just went silent.

"We want to shine too, sir."

"We want to be in the spotlight, at least just for once po."

"Please po."

"Okay, then calm down now. If that's what you want, we'll do the auditions in 2 days," He agreed.

"But Sir, isn't that too short?" Sir Yap asked.

"I believe our dancers would do their best," He nodded.